1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum niche...when is a niche too small?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Davey Crocket, Oct 12, 2005.

I'm planning on setting up a new forum but had a question on the theme or niche of the forum itself. You see I really love Hawaii and all of its splender and so wanted to build a forum just around "Hawaii travel".

Overture search says the word "hawaii travel" gets searched 96,407 times in the last 30 days and the word "Hawaii" 475,625 searches.
    My question is, is this niche too specific to be sucessful?
    I don't want to have a forum with only 300 members in it lol.

Any thoughts are appreciated. :)

Davey Crocket, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  2. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    no, 96k searches is good traffic, but you're also up against some competition 38M / 211M SERPs in Google respectively.

exam, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  3. Bryan

Bryan Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with a niche as specific as that is most people will only search for it once, when they are looking to travel to Hawaii. They probably won't even sign up, but read the info on the board and maybe sign up if they want to ask a question that hasn't been asked before. After that, they will stop posting and visting the board...so it will be very hard to build an active community on this subject..

Bryan, Oct 20, 2005 IP