1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum is growing quickly! How to properly monetize/market it?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by BlakeReviews, Mar 31, 2007.

So my forum has been up for about 2 weeks. It is a great niche for monetization (lots of products available)

I have 50 members so far and am recieving ~400-500 uniques a day all from helping people on the internet (forums/websites/etc that allow user participation) Also I am gaining 5-10 new members a day. TBH, I am really surprised it is growing so quickly.

Anyway, I currently have a seperate forum for products related to the niche. I'm wondering what is the best way to set this all up. Currently the products are listed in seperate posts with 4-5 sentences that are kind of like a review. They each also have a picture. I recieve about 1-4 clicks on each product each day and have made 1 small sale already but it seems the majority of traffic isnt checking out the product area.

Basically I'm just looking for ideas on how to set up this product area to attract people to it and maybe get some sales. This is the first forum I have run, btw.

Thanks for any help!

BlakeReviews, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  2. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you could do like DP and make it an ad revenue sharing forum...or maybe offer some sponsorships based on a monthly fee...offer it in the services area of the B,S,T forum and you should get some good responses...

d16man, Mar 31, 2007 IP
    samantha pia likes this.
  3. advoor

advoor Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, for your first forum to have activity like that, im impressed :)

As for monitizing, you could try joining affilate sites which deal with the same type of products you offer and possibly under the review of the products link to the product so people can buy it through you. If your visitors are interested, you should have some good conversion. Good luck :)

advoor, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  4. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm, as for the products, I think you will need more than 4-5 sentences to entice people enough to buy the product. Maybe a whole article review will be better? four to five sentences may just seem like a sales pitch to some.

and perhaps paid ads like google adsense on your forum?

ez-online-money.com, Mar 31, 2007 IP