1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Integration with My wordpress website

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by saptakmandal, Jun 29, 2011.

I am thinking about integrating a forum with my wordpress based website.
    So i have few questions

1. Should i install the forum like this www.domain.com/forums/ or like this forums.domain.com

2.Which free forum software i should use .Mybb or SMF .I will move it to VB later so i need to know which one is easy to migrate and which one is easy to design because i need the design matching theme with my wordpress website

3.I came to know that while migration there may be some problem with user passwords so please suggest me a forum software where it will not happen.

Please help me decide on this.

saptakmandal, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  2. mondala

mondala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forum integration is tricky... you'll want to find a really great and well supported bridge between Wordpress and your forum.
    There is a great wordpress bridge addon available for xenForo but I'm sure which reliable bridges exist for the free forums.

Generally you will want your CMS/WP installed in the root and your forum can be installed in whichever subfolder you like... common would be /forum /forums /community /discussions /chat /talk

mondala, Jul 8, 2011 IP