1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Infractions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shortcircuit, Apr 13, 2012.

I'm sure many of you have had a few of these, but I received another one yesterday because I put up a message which the Admin / Moderators emailed me saying I received another infraction because I didn't "place it in the right category". :mad:

Why don't they use common sense and just simply move it to the category? :confused:

Instead, they treat you like a 5-yr old child sending a childish Infraction email and they simply delete your post ... made me feel like I was being sent to my room with no supper as "severe punishment". FYI, I am over 60 yrs old and would not treat people like that.

shortcircuit, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    "Severe punishment" would mean you were banned. It's better to let the user know they did something wrong so that they actually learn our rules.

digitalpoint, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  3. Achiever

Achiever Active Member

Best Answers:
    it is due to wong area posting............

Achiever, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  4. bonzer

bonzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i've picked up a few of late it sure makes you wake up :-0) be careful and ya won't get um.. i know i'm going to be

bonzer, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  5. blogideas

blogideas Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I thought it was kind of annoying too. I actually looked through every category before I posted a new thread recently and thought I made the right selection. I'm a member on about 20 different forums and have never heard of receiving infractions that could cause you to be banned simply for posting in the wrong category. I would think a mod would simply move it to the right category. Only thing I can think of is that there is probably a high level of spamming that goes on in an internet marketing forum like this one, so they need a little tougher system to weed out the junk posters.

blogideas, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  6. icegin

icegin Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're posting a legitimate question/discussion thread in the wrong section, then I agree: DP mods should simply move the thread to the appropriate section. But you'll notice that there are few lurkers who like to spam in random forum areas in order to promote services/products -- in these cases, the deletion of their thread and a stern warning is not unjustified.

icegin, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    That's fine if the forum is not busy, it is impossible for the moderator to do that daily without telling the member the mistake they did. Once you get infraction, then you will be more careful in future
    It is not a big deal, it just a reminder for you, the infraction will expire

lifeplayer, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  8. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    DP is a busy forum, so it's understandable they don't have time to move every thread. The rules and FAQ are there for us all to read and place a thread in the right location. Some people do it outside of BST to get around the post requirements, promoting their off-site services, etc. (I've noticed more people are doing this for their Fiverr jobs, for example.) Or just scams.

It might "suck" for you, but imagine yourself in their position running such a large forum... you would soon get tired of moving threads and find other tasks on it being neglected.

ryan_uk, Apr 15, 2012 IP