1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Forum For Sale ~ 10,000 Post ~ 400+ Members ~ 24 HOUR SALE

Discussion in 'Sites' started by cshwebdev, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello,

I am in need of some cash so I am going to cut this site lose starting at $100, and no reserver.

Heres the break down of the site.

The site was started on December 02, 2009 (Two Months from today), and has of right now 10,620 post with 418 registered members. The forum runs SMF 1.1.11 with SimplePortal for its portal (homepage), both of which are free and opensource to use, also the themes are free, basically there are no recurring fees for the site except for hosting.

I can't give a traffic report because I never took the time to install Google Analytics, nor have I monetized the site, but there are several ways to do that including Google Adsense and Pop Ups (I can supply a popup network I use).

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I can assist in the transfer if needed.

Thanks

cshwebdev, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  2. ramerika

ramerika Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    well I noticed that your Top 5 members account for 50.1% of your total posts which means at best the other 413 members only login on average of every 4-5 days. Are the top 5 posters paid to post threads on the forums?

ramerika, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  3. cshwebdev

cshwebdev Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No, the forum has no paid post, and just like any forum members do become inactive at times.

cshwebdev, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  4. phorum

phorum Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is a fake forum with a merged database. BEWARE.

As seen here in the stats: http://gamerbait.com/stats/

Only 64 posts in Jan 2010 and 2 posts this month? And the stats don't even show the # of posts/topics for any previous months! So that means if this forum was created in Dec 09, it got around 10k posts in that one month alone, which is obviously bull.

Pic of stat before OP decides to remove the page: http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/502/gamerbait.png

Plus, there are topics/posts all the way back from April 2009 yet he says the forum was made in Dec 09?

Just wanted to post that before anybody gets ripped off from this bogus deal.

phorum, Feb 3, 2010 IP
    boatsource and ht125 like this.
  5. ht125

ht125 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    well done phorum
    A+

ht125, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  6. makingafriend

makingafriend Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Yep when you first read the post seems a bit unusual that you can have that kind of traffic from a forum in that short of time

Now days they have so many tricks really have to be careful

makingafriend, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  7. cshwebdev

cshwebdev Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I bought this forum for $200 dollars at the end of December, and I don't have the time to mess with it, now I see it was merged but when I bought it from the seller I didn't know.

It was originally running vBulletin, and I didn't know how to check the stats on there, and he didn't have analytics on there either. I just had to go off of what the seller was telling me, which I see now was my mistake.

I guess I'll have to try to work on the forum some to get it to what I thought it was.

Thanks again Phorum

cshwebdev, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  8. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Getting that one active and populated should not be to difficult. When you do have it going on, talk to me I am into gaming forums also. As is I have no interest in it but if its running properly I would be interested.

Kraven2, Feb 4, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.