1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum FAQ

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Blogsip, Jan 4, 2006.

1. What forum software is there?
    There is SMF,phpBB,YaBB,ezboard,vBulletin, Invision Power Board, minibb, and more.

2. What forum software should I go for?

Go for which ever software that you will feel the most comfortable with.

3. Where can I get a host for my forum?
    You can go to Build Your Forum or search Google.

4. Where can I get a domain for my forum?
    You can go to Build Your Forum or search Google.

5. How should I start my forum?
    Start your forum by changing the default template to something unique. Then, add a few forums. I suggest an Annoucement, General, and a forum that's the subject of your forum. Once a lot of posts are in these forums, then you can add more forums. If you add to many forums from the start, your forum will look empty and most likely no one will join. Finally, post a decent amount of posts on your forum to make it not look empty.

6. How do I get my forum noticed?

First, add your forum to Google. Next SEO your forum. Then add your forum to as many directories as you can. You can find directories at Digital Point. Next, add your forum to your sig at forums that you are a member of. Then, do link exchanges. You can request link exchanges atBuild Your ForumSitePoint NamePros and Digital Point. Finally, write some articles on your forum and submit them to article directories. You can find article directores at Digital Point. If it's tech related, submit it to Digg. If your article ends up on the front page of Digg, a lot of people will visit your site. This may use up a lot of bandwidth. Finally, get your forum reviewed at Build Your Forum, Digital Point, SitePoint, and NamePros.

7. How can I get members and posts?
    To get members and posts, you can do post exchanges. You can request post exchanges at
    Build Your Forum and SitePoint. You can also hire forum posters.

8. When should I hire moderators?
    You should hire moderators when you can't handle your forum on your own.

9. How can I earn money from my forum?
    You can sign up for Google Adsense and add it to your forum. I suggest blend your ad in with your forum by making your ad look like one of your forums. You can see an example of that at Build Your Forum.

Once your forum has alot of activity, you can sell ad space on your forum.

Author: Build Your Forum

Blogsip, Jan 4, 2006 IP
    cormac likes this.
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Laughs Galore - great post!

Another reason why I am glued to DP

cormac, Jan 7, 2006 IP
  3. popdeal

popdeal Peon

Best Answers: