1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Classifieds

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Qryztufre, Apr 3, 2007.

The members of my forum are asking for a classifieds section where they can sell books and/or other things. Personally I don't have a problem with this as I'd like selling off some of my things. My question is if member A burns member B on a sale if I (as the site owner) can be held responsible at all?

Thanks,
    Q

Qryztufre, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  2. jill_domains

jill_domains Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you post a standard disclaimer, like that of Craigslist.
    Here is the Craigslist disclaimer (along with terms of use): www.craigslist.org/about/terms.of.use.html

Make sure every member agrees to these terms before they join the site, or create a simple "I Agree" button where they agree to the terms and conditions, before they enter your site.

Hope this helps!

Sujith.

jill_domains, Apr 3, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that!

How do I get the 300 existing members to agree to it though?

Would an announcement/sticky be a good enough method?
    Q

Qryztufre, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  4. druidelder

druidelder Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if a sticky would have weight, but it would certainly be helpful to your users. Is it a prewritten forum? If not, you could code it so the first time they enter it they have to agree to the terms. Can you put a custom message on the post page for a single forum? I am not a lawyer, so I can't say with certainty, but if your TOS has a clause in there that it may be updated, then you I'm sure you wouldn't need to have them re-agree. You may not need to anyway, as long as you update the TOS for your site..

druidelder, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you a real Druid, or is that an RPG thing?

I have a clause for "forum specific rules" which states that special rules may apply on a per-forum basis and to see that forums announcements. I'd assume that would count for the clause you mentioned.

As the classified would be a new forum. I'd also be able to amend the actual rules as well...
    Q

Qryztufre, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  6. druidelder

druidelder Peon

Best Answers:
    That looks like you would be in the clear then.

druidelder, Apr 4, 2007 IP