1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forming an LLC for Foreign / Non-US residents ?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by MIsac, May 7, 2014.

Hello,

I'm not a US resident and I'm making an order through Legalzoom to file an LLC in Florida. They will act as my registered agent too. The problem is that I have to insert a US business address (Not P.O. Box) which I don't have because I'm not US resident as I mentioned. So, I came up with two solutions. First, to use my relative's residential address in Illinois as my business address temporary in the filing. Second solution is to apply for a US business address service (Not a virtual office) like the service provided by "Mailbox Forwarding" at an affordable price. They say that various international companies use their address service as their business address.

I have couple of questions, hope anyone can help me find the answers:

1) Can I use my relative's residential address in "Illinois" without need to file the LLC there or I must use an address in FL (Where I'm filing the LLC) ?.
    Someone told me that if I used the address in Illinois, I must file there and pay IL taxes too.

2) Would it be better if I applied for the service provided by Mailbox Forwarding and use their address in FL?

3) My business is online based, selling non-tangible products and services through my website. So, if we assume that I sold one service in 5 states (5 customers), that means that I have to qualify (or file) my LLC inside the five states and pay their taxes?

I hope that anyone could answer my questions. Any answers would be appreciated and thank you for taking time to read this.
    Best regards.

MIsac, May 7, 2014 IP
  2. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not form a company in your country and pay taxes there?

kush86, May 7, 2014 IP