1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Form select combined with input

Discussion in 'jQuery' started by PoPSiCLe, Oct 9, 2016.

I'm on the hunt for something akin to the following:

An input-box, where I can type something, and if it already exists, it will show up, and if not, I can leave it, and it will be created (this is for selecting or creating folders, but that is the background process, and that is fine).

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anything like this already available? I'm thinking I maybe need to search for something akin to taxonomy or similar when searching, because I currently have next to no luck on Google.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    https://jqueryui.com/autocomplete/

calls a back end process which returns json

I'm able to return display text and an id so that the user might select a name but the form stores an id.

sarahk, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Hm, I'll look a bit more into that, @sarahk - I might be able to use that for what I want, although I might need to rewrite some of the rendering-options (I want the existing dropdown showing when the user clicks the input, for instance, not having to either type something or click a button to get the existing drop-down - probably doable).

PoPSiCLe, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just a matter of having a fake button beside the field - click on that and get a prepopulated list.

sarahk, Oct 9, 2016 IP