1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forgot Oscommerce Admin User & Pw! Pls Help?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by JVG, Oct 9, 2007.

Does Anyone Know How To Get Around This Easily? Or Should I Just Reinstall?

JVG, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  2. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does OsCommerce include a feature to recover your password???
    It's been so long since I have used it, I don't remember it.
    If you are just looking for your admin username, you might want to check the database itself (the users table).

ablaye, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  3. JVG

JVG Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the reply! what's weird is, you know when your computer asks u if you want to save ur user and pw? well i did, and the user name is what i thought it was, and it still wont work! i just took out the whole dam thing... going to try to concentrate on the forum thing first... im such a noob!!

if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free... i have tons of ebooks that i'm willing to trade for some help! pls check it out esourceclub.com thanks!!!

JVG, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  4. Roido

Roido Active Member

Best Answers:
    Should be easy to fix.

Go here: http://www.adamek.biz/md5-generator.php

Type in your password, i.e 'password' and click generate.

This will give you your password encrypted in a MD5 32 bit hash, i.e. for the above example it will be '5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99'.

The go to phpmyadmin or another database tool, even mysql on your shell.

Then look at the table list and find the table containing the admin details, cannot exactly remember the schema but I believe it is called 'administrators'.

Click this then, browse it.

You will then see a row with your admin data. Simply edit the field called user_password. It will contain a MD5 32 bit hash similar to above. Insert the one you generated using the above link and save the changes.

Now the database will have stored the new hash. Using the above example, your password will now be password.

Another way to do this is to run a sql file with something like this in it:

UPDATE administrators SET user_password='5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99';

This will change your password to 'password'. Just go into phomyadmin and run the above SQL assuming your table names have no unique prefixes etc.

Roido, Oct 9, 2007 IP