1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

forgot admin password for XP Pro

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GPGrieco, Mar 17, 2008.

Ok, I was on here for a computer with no pass, and you guys told me to go to safe mode, and that worked great, and I reset the pass, and it was fine. Now I have another computer, that is running XP pro, and it was at one time logging on to a server, but under login, you can chose to logon to the server, or the pc itself. Now when starting in safe mode, it still asks me for the admin password. It is also not a normal xp login screen, it is a popup box, asking for user/password, similar to windows 98 login. Can you help me get the pass reset.

GPGrieco, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  2. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    IMO, two threads about very similar circumstances seems more than sinister to me. However, Google it. There's hundreds, if not thousands of guides on resetting the admin password in XP Pro, it's an easy step by step process. Once you're done, you might like to read up on XP Pro Group policy. You'll find things to annoy your boss - it's fun:D

Spider-Man, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  3. GPGrieco

GPGrieco Peon

Best Answers:
    The first one was on a computer that I got at a garage sale, and now this is actually a friends, and she had someone else working for her and he handled the computers, but now he is gone, and she asked help.

I can see what you are thinking though :D

GPGrieco, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  4. Proximity

Proximity Banned

Best Answers:
    I thin google might help... i have seen some password resetters for xp

Proximity, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  5. Pathan

Pathan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i use ERD Commander to reset my XP password, the method is that you have to make bootable CD of ERD Commander and then boot ur PC with that CD.

Pathan, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  6. poustotah

poustotah Peon

Best Answers:
    just stick the backup disk in the drive, start it from the cd drive and reset the password. it's VERY simple!

poustotah, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  7. Anglelababy

Anglelababy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many people will meet pc locked. Last time I bought a second-hand pc. When I open it but it ask me password to login. Of course I didn't know. So to unlock the pc I searched many ways and compared them. But at last I focused on Anmosoft Windows Password Reset, which only 5 minutes to unlock and if you are interested in it you can learn more from:
    http://www.resetwindowspassword.com

Anglelababy, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  8. HostingRaid

HostingRaid Peon

Best Answers:
    Hop on Google and search for Hiren's BootCD. There is a password reset tool.

HostingRaid, Apr 18, 2014 IP