1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FOREX - Can we makes monies?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sysop, Jan 2, 2007.

1. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't read the rest of this thread so I'm not sure if someone addressed this already. In your example that you could lose $1000 from $10 that is incorrect. Reason being, the trading platform your are using will automatically stop you at $990. (They don't want to be chasing everyone around.)

You can only lose as much as there is in your account even if you use leverage. Obviously, $10 isn't a great investment as you can lose that very quickly especially with leverage. I also don't think any of the trading platforms will let you start off with as low as $10 but I could be wrong on that.

I don't know too much about Forex but I have learned a bit about the basics. And from what I said above this is exactly why $10 isn't a good investment in Forex at all. Leverage, while it is available should rarely be used and if so only a small percentage of it. From what I've read as well the minimum to start off with should be at least $1000-$2000 dollars of your own money.

Let's look at using leverage on $10

You do 100:1 - you are now playing with $1000, if you've ever watched the live exchange rates you will know that the exchange can change within a few seconds. So, you go out and buy $1000 worth of currency for a set price. A few seconds later the exchange drops before it picks up again. Your trading platform automatically closes your position and you take a $10 loss. If you want to play around again you have to deposit more money.

Now let's take a look at having $1000 of your own money. From this it's a lot easier to make a few bucks. Reason being is the trading platform will let you keep trading till you are out of your $1000.

So for example, if you bought $1000 worth (and you know what you're doing) and before you make your money the currency drops and you're down to $900 but then springs back up again and you are at $1100. Had you only used $10 and used leverage you would have lost your $10 very quickly since it would have stopped at $990. But since you have $1000 of your own cash they let you keep taking a loss till it runs out. Capish? There's my little rant on Forex.

I've read a bit of stuff on this subject and it's a lot more complicated than you think. And if you don't educate yourself and get "lucky" you are just gambling and nothing else.

m0rtal, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  2. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup... that's right. Based on my experience, I do suggest everyone to practice the trading skill themselves from time to time via a virtual account. Wet your feet first before jumping to the lake.

sysop, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  3. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally trade in Marketiva and North Finance. But most of my forex income comes from Marketiva.

sysop, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  4. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally monitor the progress of GBP/JPY chart via Metatrader 4 (North Finance). I use a simple indicator which proven to give 80% accurateness and with this tool, I trade. I normally trade in Marketiva as it is easy to manage and monitor.

With the technique I learn by myself, I can lower my loss and get a higher profit everytime. Please follow me at www.yeop.net

sysop, Dec 22, 2007 IP