1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Foreign language ads - the ugly solution

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by geomark, Sep 28, 2005.

After 9 days of bizarre ads in Russian appearing on my site and no help from Adsense support (see thread http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=29632), I had to resort to a very ugly solution to get my earnings back.

The problem is somehow related to the domain name. Regardless of what content is on a page Adsense is serving Russian language ads. Prior to 10 days ago I always received relevant English language ads.

So this what I did: I made the index file a frames page with the banner and menu frames served from the problem domain. I moved all the content (which contains Adsense) to another domain and serve the cotents frame from that other domain. Relevant ads are once again shown and CTR and earnings quickly jumped back up to levels near where they were prior to 10 days ago. I also put in 301 redirects for some of the pages that are frequently linked to directly.

It's ugly, and it will probably sink my rankings in the search engines. But with nothing else for me to do and shitty support from Adsense I could see no other alternative.

geomark, Sep 28, 2005 IP