1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Force Chrome and Opera to ignore ClearType settings

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ApocalypseXL, Oct 15, 2011.

Is there any way possible to force those 2 browsers to render fronts in a proper way ?

Right now Internet Explorer 6 is renders web fonts far better then Chrome and Opera . I'm sure there is a technique to tell them they're doing it wrong , I just can't pull it out of the top of my head .

Any help will be appreciated .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OK so no one has any potential fixes ? Awesome .

ApocalypseXL, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  3. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    You expect to get an answer for this on DP? Hah! You're dumber than I thought. And that's pretty dumb. Especially when you try and blame the browser for text rendering when the browser is using the OS's rendering engine to do that. Don't blame FF and Chrome. Blame Windows for locking them out.

drhowarddrfine, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  4. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    You're being a dumbo troll as usual :eek: I'm not blaming Firefox , if you had eyes you would have seen that I wast talking about good old Opera and Chrome . Both Firefox and IE have the best font engine . Also DP has a few experts that roam around , just that most of don't care or only pop in to buys/sell something .

ApocalypseXL, Nov 3, 2011 IP
  5. Toycel

Toycel Peon

Best Answers:
  6. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help I was able to find out a link in the first article that Opera will use DirectWrite in version 12 and that will fix the font issue . If only Chrome will move it's butt and enable the proper settings everything would be peachy .

ApocalypseXL, Nov 3, 2011 IP