1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

For all Publishers: New: Interest-based advertising

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Cagliostro, Mar 12, 2009.

1. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just realized that my accounts been showing itnerest based ads since the 11th. I did a check of the payouts per click and haven't seen a benfit. In fact a very slight decline in last 7 days compraed to entire month. Im skeptical because it will effect my niches of higher paying targeted keywords, so I just turned it off. The average user tends to visit low paying keywords and niches for the majority of their time I think, so why target my ads away from my niche to that? I don't see this beneficial for people who have sites targeted for higher paying keyword niches.

domainer_10, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  2. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

Thats another reason why i won't do it. If someone goes to a gas prices site for example, and they tend to look at video sites all day, why would you want to show them video ads? Video ads don't pay crap and if they are visiting a gas prices site won't they be more interested in gas price issues AT THAT MOMENT. All youll be doing is throwing your hard work down the drain having them click on low paying crap and im not even sure if they will be more likely to click on an unrelated ad in the first place just because google decides its in their "interest category".

3. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think is it possible for those changes to be reflected already.

I doubt you are seeing any changes, i don't when visiting my sites.

Cagliostro, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  4. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SOULZRIPPER, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  5. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    According to ASA over on webmasterworld, they won't even begin serving them until the 8th of April (thus that date for the PP change) so I doubt you are getting interest-based ads showing up.

Adpubster, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  6. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It seems odd to be served an ad based on what google assumes are "my interests" that has little to do with "the site I'm on". But who knows, sometimes change is good...it may increase CTR, but niche earnings would be out...luckily for me my niche stinks. :D

SearchBliss, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  7. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah your right, i realized after posting they really haven't been showing yet.

However i still don't like the idea. If all your sites are humour/video/ and forums then maybe it will work, but if your displaying highly niche keywords, especially higher paying ones, i don't see how this could be benificial. The average internet user looks at sports and youtube, so probably not a good idea to be showing ads for these users away from your higher paying ones.

8. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    True...and for those who say that "Google must know what they are doing" Well, Google is made up of humans who are not all-knowing. I am opting out until I can do some controlled testing, ie, I may turn it on for a while after it has become established and compare results. It may be good, it may not. If all their ideas were good, wouldn't we still have REFERRALS??

Adpubster, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  9. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

Yeah good point. And plus they were the ones who introduced "smart pricing" which didn't benefit publishers. They also took off a clickable portion of the ad so users were less likely to accidentally click. That was another slam against publishers. Oh and they are the ones that are always banning publishers. Google is more concerned with their profit and their advertisers not their publishers, so I'll look out for myself first.

10. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I might test this feature on some niche-specific blogs that I have, just to see how it will affect the ads-serving. It might actually work in bringing traffic and increase earnings.

Ibn Juferi, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  11. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A new form of using BT to determine ad serving, will have no affect in increasing traffic....;)

Sem-Advance, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  12. jones1982

jones1982 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please answer the above question.
    Thanks.

jones1982, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Life has time frames. If you took your car to the mechanic would you want him to take his time to repair it or would you want him to do the job in as short a time as possible while doing the work correctly???

Additionally Google has time commitments they need to keep.

This is business, .......if anyone thinks its something other.... they should bail out now.....;)

Sem-Advance, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  14. jones1982

jones1982 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok :)

But as a blogger how will I create a privacy policy for my blogsite? I know some site where they help blogger to auto generate privacy policy, Is this ok or against Adsense. :confused:

hope your helpful reply.
    Thanks.

jones1982, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=100557

The page provides you with what you need to place on your blog or website.

In your blog program create a page and name it privacy-policy, then paste in the information Google provides. Save it and make it live!

:)

Sem-Advance, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  16. zeewaqar77

zeewaqar77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    zeewaqar77, Mar 31, 2009 IP