1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

foodrestaurants.net

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by chris iwan, Feb 11, 2015.

I recently purchased this domain 'foodrestaurants.net' , however I'm not to sure on how much it's worth. If anyone could help suggest a price estimate, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
    Chris

chris iwan, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  2. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alright, so it's probably one of those names you bought, thinking it has value..."category killer" type name. We all do it.

It's a restaurant, so it's assumed it's going to have food/drink... it would be a bit unnecessary to have in the name. It's plural which in this case doesn't have too much affect, considering the singular is going to be worth the same. "Restaurant" is a pain in the ass to spell lol, and it's on a .net which it really doesn't belong on, low searches, etc., etc.

You gotta think who would buy this name? Would a developer for a website...absolutely not. A business looking to open up a restaurant...absolutely not. A company looking to add a name to their portfolio....more than likely, no.

Sorry, no value.

sweetpea69, Feb 11, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I also think this domain is worth reg. fee at best.. Your best bet here is to develop it..It's in an industry that could have a decent PPC, and people may buy stuff for their restaurants online.. Develop it and you could sell it, otherwise I don't think you'll sell it.

FPForum, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  4. chris iwan

chris iwan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Alright thanks, I should stick to names which can be turned into a business. I bought toyinflatables.com, is that one any better?

chris iwan, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  5. neteater

neteater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sorry but your domaining adventure seems a wrong decision..what was your research method before buying these names.

neteater, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    inflatabletoys.com would work but not the wrong way around - sounds ESL

It has the keywords which probably means you could make it rank but anyone who viewed your site in the serps would look at it and think "that's not a real company" and move on. Failure to get clicks in the serps would then start a downward spiral.

sarahk, Feb 16, 2015 IP