1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Followed Coop Link to Dodgy Page

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by dct, Jan 26, 2005.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sorry... site is banned. There was nothing I clicked on (not even a link within the site) for it to install everything "for me" (and I'm not the only one).

digitalpoint, Jan 31, 2005 IP
  2. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I am sorry I had a bad advertiser on my site and still have yet to see this. I trusted some of you and took your word and removed it from my sites. Shouldnt that be an indication to you that I am trying to work with you and did not know. I mean if I didn't care and it was what you said it was and I knew that I would have left it up.

-Kyle

wizteen, Jan 31, 2005 IP
  3. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you aren't sure of the quality/integrity of your advertisers, you should not run ads from them to begin with. By placing their ads on your site, you are taking the risk of being judged on what they do to users on your site.

digitalpoint, Jan 31, 2005 IP
  4. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I have learned that and will not let if happen again... currently I only run zango, azoogle, fastclick, and adbrite... All which are respectible companies. Sorry dollspot is a old site that I havent touched in ages and this company that had the problem I put on months ago and just havent touched it since the site was pretty dead.

wizteen, Jan 31, 2005 IP
  5. kyle422

kyle422 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that it is the right decision to ban. It's not like everyone here has the time to monitor your site to make sure you are running things on the up and up. Someone stumbled on your site that was on the coop. What if a web surfer clicked the link from my site and went to yours. They would have a bad impression of my site because of your negligence.

kyle422, Jan 31, 2005 IP
  6. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    It's fixed, I am sorry I did not know this was going on and I am almost positive there was nothing in the coop rules for this anyways. I have learned trust me if will not happen again. Can't I have a second chance I mean I am new here.

Sorry, Kyle

wizteen, Jan 31, 2005 IP
  7. WabbyTwax

WabbyTwax Peon

Best Answers:
    I apologize about that it seems somebody i let use my api key used it all up and thats why its not letting me re-validate. It was definitely a coincidence and i hope I havent upset anyone!

- John

WabbyTwax, Jan 31, 2005 IP
  8. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    I seriously still dont get why my sites havent been unbanned, I mean I have donated to this site, I do not have anything bad on any of my sites. I mean at least unban that sites that didnt break any rules.

Sorry again, Kyle

wizteen, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  9. kaptain

kaptain Peon

Best Answers:
    wizteen, you should do some research on "zango" that you mentioned.

kaptain, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  10. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    Its nothing bad I have it installed on my computer. Several large site such as newgrounds.com, kingsofchaos.com, AlbinoBlackSheep.com, Ezone.com run it. It clearly explains what it is on the install page and can be removed in add and remove programs with no traces left behind.

Please read: http://zango.com/about/privacypledge.aspx

-Kyle

wizteen, Feb 1, 2005 IP
  11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This one was just too funny... I had to post it. :)

Google knows about the ad network... The funny part is Google's concern with the ad network is if bad neighborhoods got into the ad network. Your site was zapped from the network for that reason. :)

digitalpoint, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  12. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    Isnt that special. :)

wizteen, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  13. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    OMG! I sure hope my site wasn't in his text file. What would I do if he really sent that to google and google found out about me?

Since I havent benefited from google with this yet, I dont think I have anything to worry about, even it google was launching an offensive against the program, which they arent.

SportsOutlaw, Feb 2, 2005 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  14. Spacen

Spacen Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do people have the impression that what we are doing is wrong or cheating the system? This ad network benefits all of us and in a way it benefits google too. The co-op is setup to keep bad neighborhoods out therefore helping high quality sites which is what google wants anyway.

Go ahead and send my site to google. Maybe they'll increase my rankings once they see the crap that's above me.

Spacen, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  15. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    google could pretty much kick all of my sites that were created less then 6 months ago out of the index and it wouldn't do jack to me

with coop without coop it makes no difference none fo them rank for stuff other then stuff that is non-competitve that all i need is the key phrase in the title

ferret77, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  16. Cyber-SEO

Cyber-SEO Member

Best Answers:
    wizteen is just too funny, btw Shawn you got a huge heart dude I would have banned this guy from the forum a long time ago when he started saying he didnt know his site was doing that.

I respect your decesion as do all the other members of the Ad Network and thank you for removing filth like this from our community.
    :D

Cyber-SEO, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  17. jema

jema Peon

Best Answers:
    I am glad he got banned, sneak installs are an absolute menace.

I run a shareware site and get emails from companies wanting me to put sneak installs of their crap into my downloads :( I find it hard to believe that anyone running a web site these days cannot be quite well eductated on just what is scumware.

I am sure that most of us there have spent hours trying to fix machines of friends and relatives that have been ground to a halt by this sort of crap.

The ring is a great and presumably growing service, it can afford on all our behalves to be getting more and more fussy.

jema, Feb 15, 2005 IP