1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Follow up on "The Return of Slavery by Kraven": Motion raised

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by YourAuthor, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 26
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Not only re-read it but re-post it :) :

AND​

More than likely he knows his stuff better than any writer here.

More DP rules on writing are completely unnecessary. Read that last sentence again... :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
    Blue Star Ent., Jul 12, 2010 IP
  2. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Conveniently forgot this part? I never said the writers are blameless and like DY I think both the buyers and the sellers share half of the problem and caused it for 50% there is no argument there.

I also said that the writers side of things is our problem. It is us who need to lift those writers above the scrapyard.

The other half of the problem is something we cannot change on our own, and needs to be adjusted by DP, if anything on that end is to change.

Perhaps you like to solve only one half of the problem, I tend to be more thorough and prefer to solve it completely.

To do that we need to fix both sides.

Kraven2, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  3. neoloves?

neoloves? Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm sorry, but I don't get the point of this long drawn argument. At the risk of sounding outright, there's a few things each of us have to understand.

Ridiculous rates are more often than not offered to writers, who have sent poor quality PM's. If you aren't able to bid correctly, please don't expect to be paid well.
    Writers here do get paid a decent amount, and I refuse to participate in this battering where we're blaming clients. For a lot of site owners, buying quality articles are a priority, and they don't sacrifice on this parameter. As such, if you have what they need, the job is yours.
    If certain clients are offering very low rates, simply don't bid. Instead of arguing, and leaving rude messages, look around for better paying jobs.
    Some clients will offer low paying gigs, and have a great feedback score. It's because they really are sober clients, and this particular offer has a low budget.
    Some clients will offer a low payout because that's their budget.
    Some clients will offer low rates because they're middlemen and need to make money on the work you generate.
    The idea is to look for direct clients, write well, proofread, never copy, or rewrite, and submit on time. Make yourself indispensable to the client, and that's only possible if you keep writing, and are able to cater to clients with varying writing demands.

Anger and frustration will take a backseat once your work speaks for you because at that point, you needn't worry about rates. You'll have clients that keep coming back to you, and your asking rate will be paid for.

There is no way you can generalize pricing at DP since each writer has a different capability.
    I hope writers will understand what I'm trying to say. I too am a writer here.

Thank you.
    Regards, n.

neoloves?, Jul 12, 2010 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  4. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We are talking about content buyers posting jobs at $ 0.15/100 That means in the thread. No PM's have come into play at that point. So this point has nothing to do with this matter at all.

I never said there were no good content buyers on here, in fact I know from experience that there are and know lots of them. It's the unethical ones this thread is about. We're not battering clients, we are battering exploiters.

Please re-read my previous replies to find out what we are actually talking about, and also why. The "clients" offering those rates are attempting to exploit writers. Fortunately more often then not they get what they paid for, yet it does not change the fact that starting writers, who do have the talent are suckered into this due to the fact that on here they are conditioned to think those rates are okay. Well here is the news: it is NOT okay! Never was and never will be.

Are you serious? If I got a penny for every fake list of positive I-traders I have seen, I'd be on vacation right about now. And besides low paying work, is not the issue here. The issue is that there are limits to how low you can go. Again re-read my previous replies, as you clearly have not done so before. In short Feedback means NOTHING. I could fake the best feedback list you have ever seen and you would never know.

Then they either should get a better paying clientèle or write the articles themselves. $0.15/100 are slave wages plain and simple. If that is the best they can do, they need to re-evaluate their business plan.

While essentially I agree with that statement. The rate should justify the time spent on doing all that you described.

In other words writers that deliver high quality should be paid high quality rates.

Bottom line, you need to re-read this thread as you are missing valuable points, which causes your arguments to be besides the point.

Kraven2, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  5. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 26
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The writers who really need this thread can not read all the long posts because they do not have time. I am one of them. The choice is simple choose to help yourself or choose to receive the scraps others offer you after you are under their control.

Making DP charge minimum one cent per word is not going to help anyone rise out of "slavery".

Blue Star Ent., Jul 13, 2010 IP
  6. GoodfellaLFC

GoodfellaLFC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You've got to start somewhere. Every step we take, is taking us closer to better rates for writers. I honestly cannot for the life understand why anyone would oppose this, unless they're a tight fisted buyer, it would be so simple to implement and would have backing from the majority.

GoodfellaLFC, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  7. adarshnet

adarshnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Aye, I dont do articles yet I think that the so called 'slavery' must be addressed to....:)
    Good Luck

adarshnet, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  8. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Bluestar.. knock it off! I want to see it on here, your viewpoint. I know what I am doing, and you know darn well I have the power. I will cut your training and you will be standing in line for pennies.

Like I said I have the programs and finances to monopolize if necessary.
    So one way or another......

Time has come today

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    dyadvisor, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  9. GoodfellaLFC

GoodfellaLFC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just look at his/her feedback. Clear that he is one of the buyer's exploiting the low rates on DP.

10. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 26
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And the slave has to say ... okay.

11. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 26
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you want to continue lying about me, PM me. Link to my iTrader : LINK

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  12. GoodfellaLFC

GoodfellaLFC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why? Do you have something to hide? What was the last $ per word you payed your last writer?

13. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No Bluestar has a misunderstanding. Forget about points. I get $250 an article so why should some get $3.50?

If I have to go in and cut off the bottom myself, I will. Beggars will be forced elsewhere. Those who want to learn can stay and do. My request for starting online training received no response.

Cheap buyers will be getting my 5 to 10 minute originals, better than most of the articles produced by the low end. So even at $3.50 they will actually end up paying $21.00 I can use that to help others.

Regular buyers will see that I am rapidly training writers free to improve. An article that delivers more buyers commands a higher price.

If anyone on here thinks they can write a better article for producing results than me - you are on $250 to a food charity for starving children. One of my articles are often worth 50 - 70 cheap articles. Buyers are hurting themselves.

Both sides need to get educated, I have the ready facts. I have made my wealth as proof. But if all sides refuse, like I said, I can change things in a hurry, and I pay my workers well.

dyadvisor, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  14. angelswriting

angelswriting Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am 100% in agreement with edwardjanet. I really think that this is what would happen if we were to raise the minimum

angelswriting, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  15. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I may disagree with Blue Star on many points, but I can guarantee that he is NOT a content buyer at all.

Kraven2, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  16. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And that would be a bad thing why?

Kraven2, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  17. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 26
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks. More green for you. :)

18. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, differences or not; fair is fair.

Kraven2, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  19. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's a complicated issue, mainly because there are two markets trying to intertwine, the US/UK writing market which should never see below the $1/100 word level for articles and the market of countries that can live on very low wages and may not speak and write fluent creative English.

Here on DP it is a very mixed community. Regardless, $0.015+/word should be common place for skilled creative writing

MarTh-, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  20. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, since the writing is going to be in English regardless of origin of the writer, it has to be up to par, and if it is there should be no difference in pricing.
    If the writer is not up to par, he or she has to sharpen those skills until he or she is.

It's like saying some programmers have mastered the programming language while others have not and are paid less.

That's not the issue. If you haven't got the skills you simply aren't a writer and need to improve yourself until you are.

If you can't you chose the wrong occupation.

IMO that's all there is to it.

The way it is now the writers are being suckered due to the fact that anyone and his cousin that have a pair of hands calls themselves a writer and starts producing crap. That crap is now backfiring on true writers. Location does not enter into it.

Add to this a certain amount of less ethical content buyers(To state it mildly) and you have the recipe for disaster the way we see unfolding it before our eyes here on DP. I for one will do whatever I can to put an end to this.

Kraven2, Jul 15, 2010 IP