1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Follow Somehow took me off his Followers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by TwitNW, Jun 5, 2017.

Hi All,

I've got an issue that has popped up twice now and was hoping to receive some help. A person I follow on Twitter has disappeared from my follower list and I did not unfollow them.

As I said, this has happened twice in recent weeks and I'm positive I did not unfollow them. I've been on Twitter for 5 years and use it daily, so I'm not a newbie, but maybe I'm unaware of an app or feature where you can get your followers to unfollow you without their permission.

I still can see this person's tweets so they haven't blocked me. Is it possible this is an advanced mute function that I'm not aware of? Looking for any enlightenment here, thanks.

TwitNW, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  2. TwitNW

TwitNW Peon

Best Answers:
    Kindly bumping in hopes of a response. For a bit more context, when I search this member, it shows that I am following him within the search, yet when I go to this member's page, it does not have the follow icon highlighted.

I have re-followed them and their twwets pop up now, but I'm still curious as to why/how this has happened multiple times. Any help would be appreciated.

TwitNW, Jun 12, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Could the user have muted you?

sarahk, Jun 15, 2017 IP
  4. TwitNW

TwitNW Peon

Best Answers:
    Update - same thing happened again...

I did not unfollow or mute this person, yet their tweets are no longer showing up in my feed.

When I click on their profile, it does not show that I am following them, although I know 100% that I did not unfollow them.

A couple questions for all of you:

• Can a twitter user get a follower to unfollow them on their own?
    • Is there an advanced muting option? Even if they had muted me, it should still show that I am following them in their profile, right?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

TwitNW, Dec 13, 2017 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't take this badly, but why such a big deal?

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 13, 2017 IP
  6. TwitNW

TwitNW Peon

Best Answers:
    Why does it matter to you? If you have nothing to add to the conversation why post here?

I'm sincerely curious - is that ok with you?

TwitNW, Dec 13, 2017 IP