1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

follow my plan of getting >5$/day from a .info site

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by olegb, Feb 2, 2010.

1. dmtaylor247

dmtaylor247 Guest

Best Answers:
    Whay about .co.cc domain names. Has anyone ever ranked well with these?

dmtaylor247, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  2. olegb

olegb Peon

Best Answers:
    hi everyone again. as I promised, I returned with fresh news about my site... the situation is quite desperate ))
    on 13 february I was indexed by google, it says so in my Google Webmasters Tools. I submitted a url list there and in a few days all 6 links I had at that moment submitted there were indexed... but even it says I'm indexed, I don't appear in search results, and this is really frustrating. it makes me think I was added in the sandbox, as long as any search even by my url returns zero results. ((
    I agree with you (at least, I want to agree, I didn't found any real statements where google would say they take care less of infos). Anyway, I thinks it's a great point you bold: the ways you promote are crucial...

well, why then? is it because they're cheap and are used mainly for MFAs sites and spamming? why does G put everyone in one basket? maybe my info site is still good, competitive with other spammy .coms. I don't find it very fair... It would be more logical they evaluate each site, not an entire extension

ok, gotta go submit my next page for today and google for some blogs. So far, Google saw only 2 backlinks pointing to my website, that's sad, because I submitted a lot more comments... anyway, I won't give up so easy, guugl! :p

olegb, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  3. johndorian

johndorian Peon

Best Answers:
    @olegb. You said that google saw only two backlinks to your site...something is not right. Try to see the number of backlinks using "yahoo site explorer". Also try bookmarking(digg, stumble, reddit) the sites on which you have posted comments.

johndorian, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  4. hitech4life

hitech4life Peon

Best Answers:
    keep going on mate !
    im doing a plan like you, and my way is to building a great site before take part in GAds.

hitech4life, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  5. dmtaylor247

dmtaylor247 Guest

Best Answers:
    Any updates, hows your site going????

dmtaylor247, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  6. johndorian

johndorian Peon

Best Answers:
    another journal thread abandoned :(...pfff

johndorian, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  7. Pr3st0

Pr3st0 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i've started my blog 3 weeks ago, but i'm not going to put GAds on it until i'm not gonna get at least 1000 unique visitors/day. Now i have around 100/day average, and i had two days with 200+...anyway my goal is 10$/day but that is gonna be really hard for me since i have a common niche.
    anyway keep up the good work mate. really good advices here

Pr3st0, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  8. amosgoh

amosgoh Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem with .info sites is that the chances of getting ranked for a particular term is lower as compared to a TLD such as .com,.net or .org
    In fact, if you are going after exact match domain (TLD ones), you even rank within the top 50 as soon as you are indexed without any backlinks.
    With that said, it is not wise to seek after .info domains if you are serious about making money via niche sites.

You did mention that it is not fair for Google to stereotype all .info domains as a MFA or spammy site but this is exactly what is happening to most people.
    Another solid evidence of this is that if you start sites on niches such as teeth whitening, weight loss, you will be sent straight to the sandbox even if you did nothing wrong.
    This is just a approach that Google take. If you want to come out of sandbox with a .info site, then you need to constantly pump in new content as a few backlinks at a time.
    This seems too much work for me as compared to a TLD domain. I seriously urge you to reconsider your plan with .info domains.

amosgoh, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  9. jbarnett

jbarnett Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying .info's is pretty much setting yourself up to NOT making any money.

jbarnett, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  10. john3teen

john3teen Peon

Best Answers:
    May be your keyword had very low competitors and your site could have overrun them soon.

john3teen, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  11. abuzar345

abuzar345 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice olegb you did great job . I want to tell you that i followed same strategy for one of my sites before 6 months but unfortunately i could not remained consistent so that is why i could not get the results as you are getting. Anyway man i'll definitely follow your strategy for my upcoming website.

abuzar345, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  12. zipdisk

zipdisk Peon

Best Answers:
    It is nice to see that you receive a big traffic after 3 weeks. How many backlinks have you got and what is your current position in google? By the way, how much search volume is it for your niche? if it is for exmaple 1000 searches per month, how could you reach 1000 unique visitors per day?

zipdisk, Mar 9, 2010 IP