1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

follow my plan of getting >5$/day from a .info site

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by olegb, Feb 2, 2010.

1. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you share the niche that you're working on?

TheVccMatey, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  2. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Was that directed at me or the OP?

furca, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  3. hiei008

hiei008 Guest

Best Answers:
    Then how does the search engines find your site? Can you please state? I'm interested with that technique of yours

hiei008, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  4. olegb

olegb Peon

Best Answers:
    Day 3 (I guess)
    I added as usually a php page each day, manually, submitted my site in Google Webmasters and uploaded there a url list, verified my site also. today is the first day when I got my first 2 visitors, they came through stumbleupon.
    yeasterday I also added a question in yahoo answers from one of my accounts and answered it after a few hours and now i'm going to choose that answer as the best (LOL :D), because it is the best )) and there's my link at the source. Unfortunately, mister G didn't checked my site yet and I'm so worried it didn't... :/ will my site ever get indexed? :confused:
    I plan another 10 blogs to comment today and will probably add an About page or Contact one, as Duncan21 suggested ))
    cheers every1!

later edit: It shows yahoo answers won't make from my site in the Source a link!!! Can't believe that? why? It just shows it as text and this is not why I posted it there, I need a linkback! :(((

if that's a question for me, than I already said what my site is about: it's in Health field. more specific: it's a nervous-related condition.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
    olegb, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  5. tohawk

tohawk Peon

Best Answers:
    also plan to register one info domain later..wish to learn more from you guys.

tohawk, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  6. hiei008

hiei008 Guest

Best Answers:
    Try posting your pages to sites that are indexed frequently - like sites that are being crawled by google almost every minute. Getting dofollow keyword anchor links is a big plus.

hiei008, Feb 6, 2010 IP
  7. crisT

crisT Peon

Best Answers:
    any updates?

crisT, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  8. crisT

crisT Peon

Best Answers:
    i my opinion, in order to get on google top 5 even for a very low competition niche still requires at least 2-3 months old domains plus some work on original content and promoting.

crisT, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  9. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    crisT,

I disagree. I normally reach first, second, or third position for my low competition niches within a domain age of 1 week.

furca, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  10. crisT

crisT Peon

Best Answers:
    i can't say i have much experience with seo, but getting a one week old domain on first page of google seems imposible to me. it usualy takes me 3 days just to get few pages indexed.
    if you can do it, i'm impresed.

crisT, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  11. dmtaylor247

dmtaylor247 Guest

Best Answers:
    I think Digg is the best way of getting a website indexed, usuall within 24 hours as google crawls their pages often.

dmtaylor247, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  12. olegb

olegb Peon

Best Answers:
    hi everyone... I didn't cme with a posting so far, because I thought it would be borng for you to listen how I do my daily one page upload and then go and post some comments on wordpress blogs.
    Submitted my site in Google Webmasters, added there a .txt sitemap (url list). you can create one in seconds at xml-sitemaps.com
    A friend of mine from uk helped me with the typos on my index page (I'm not native speaker), so I updated it a little page. my first page is nothing that a image that is linked to the site's theme, and a 4 paragraph article. maybe I'll add something more, though I'm not sure about the link betweeen how much content you have on your first page and your site in SERP
    the only thing I know, the sad one, is that after 12 days I still have no sign of being indexed by google
    I also submitted my site to bing and yahoo but no sign from there so far, too
    Should I be patient and wait or is this a sign google really doesn't like my site?
    I saw here on DP some say it is even important for how long your domain was registered (the longer, the better; mine is for 1 year) and the hosting you share with. I host my site on a shared server, have no idea who my neighbors are, but from my account I have a few other sites, the highest PR some of them have is 2, but they don't bring me too much of visitors and clicks anyway... :/
    Duncan21, could you develop the idea more? At least some guidelines, if not the entire trick you're using. That would be helpful for everyone here
    My guess is that with a good site design and ads positions you can greatly change the CTR and make visitors click. In my position, when I'm not yet indexed and have no visits on that site, it is still irrelevant me thinking of CTR.
    Thx for the tip, haven't submitted mine to digg yet, so I'll do it right now ;)
    Will come with a next post to keep you updated and tell if there're some changes.
    Thanks everyone for following
    Bye!

olegb, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  13. dmtaylor247

dmtaylor247 Guest

Best Answers:
    Try writing a about me page too and include some links, Some site wiki's will scrape this content.

dmtaylor247, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  14. hiei008

hiei008 Guest

Best Answers:
    The best way to increase CTR is by decreasing the number of adblocks

hiei008, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  15. johndorian

johndorian Peon

Best Answers:
    @ olegb submit your site to digg.com and then ping the url of the story using pingomatic.com you will be indexed in less then 24H. This method works time and time again because googlebot crawls digg like a maniac! :>

PS: Don't let anybody get you down ! People will tell you that you need fresh content on a weekly basis or that you will need 1000s of backlinks. Since nobody knows your niche...nobody can't predict the outcome of your website.

johndorian, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  16. hiei008

hiei008 Guest

Best Answers:
    @ johndorian nice tip there. I'll give it a try as soon as i get a new post for my news website. Have you tried doing it on reddit instead of digg. reddit is a pr8 or pr9 dofollow bookmark.

hiei008, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  17. gary60

gary60 Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently registered a few .info domains then found out that they don't measure up to .org etc in Google'e eyes.

gary60, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  18. ManMadeMarketing

ManMadeMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Very cool, hope it works out for you. I have a .info hosted on blogger (so it cost a whopping 1.07 a year) and it makes money on a daily basis. Its not about the .info domain as much as the content and ways you promote.

ManMadeMarketing, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  19. monita

monita Peon

Best Answers:
    .info won't get any rank in search engine. Believe me. I have tried that many times. Google don't like .info
    Better .com. It ranks very well in google

monita, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  20. johndorian

johndorian Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg seems to get a little more attention. I know they are nofollow...:(. You can try using both of them, digg and reddit. You get a high value backlink + fast indexing. WIN WIN!:cool:

johndorian, Feb 16, 2010 IP