1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Follow my live ezinearticles to Clickbank $$$ experiment

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by rolf, Dec 27, 2008.

1. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Rookie, I have done some searches on some article titles and not yet showing after a day or two. I will post traffic information occasionally as I have to collate it and add it up.

rolf, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  2. cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you make some good money doing this. I can't wait to see just how much you make.

cowsgonemadd3, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  3. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rolf, do you hit the tough keywords in your articles or do you try for the second tier keywords? I just recieved a mug and some gourmet coffee from ezine :)))). I was thinking of starting an article and submission service but is it better to make content sites for myself?

pingpong123, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  4. taraff1

taraff1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Rolf,

Couldn't tell by this post if you new or not, but if you want to check if your article has been indexed yet, type site:YOURARTICLEADDRESS in the google search bar.

Of course this won't show how it's ranking for keywords, but you will at least know if it's indexed.

Jim

taraff1, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  5. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm jealous :p, how many articles have you written?

teapoint, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  6. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you live in the US , it doesn't matter how many articles you write, you will not get a mug! :mad:

I want my MUG :D

terryd, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  7. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another sale, albeit a tiny one.

Total articles submitted to date = 91.
    Total income to date (to nearest $) = $38.

I didn't mention earlier but I also have a few bucks Adsense income. You might think that Adsense is a traffic leak but my experience using this format of site is that it does not impact CB earnings.

The traffic is interesting, one niche is getting way more hits than the others, about 5x on average. If this is lasting then I must capitalise on this.....

pingpong, I am going for a range of keywords. Basically I used a combination of wordtracker, spyfu and Google keyword tool for my keywords. I do not use much discretion when choosing keywords. Reason being that sometimes a keyword may look like a hit but be a miss and vice versa.

The only rules I follow are:
    - must be at least 3 words
    - must not be some dumbass keyword that will barely get any searches like "dui texas lawyer plea bargain cheap never do it again" :D

I have developed a skill over the past couple of years and I can look at a 3-word keyword phrase and tell if it is worth writing an article on or not.

rolf, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  8. billnad

billnad Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I never got a mug, but as a Canadian they did send me a mousepad. Cups are a dime a dozen in my book. The great gifts are mousepads :)

Geeky enough but I even blogged about it.

billnad, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  9. shkad14

shkad14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You mentioned you do not use much discretion when choosing keywords. This might be why you are only making $38 for 91 articles. I just submitted 16 articles over two niches. I have made a sale in each niche, both brand new sites and niches.

Here is an idea for your articles. Take 10-20 and submit them to other directories. In the resource box, link to your site and your ezinearticle. This wil help your article rank higher, getting you more traffic.

Anyway, you should be making more than you are. The problem might be your writing skills, bad resource box, poorly chosen keywords who knows. If you want me to take a look at them, let me know.

shkad14, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  10. UltimateFreebies

UltimateFreebies Peon

Best Answers:
    Your article writing progress is great, but I can't believe you've only hit $38 for 91 articles.

How many are actually live? If you have 91 live articles, I would strongly suggest you take a look at your efforts as a whole, because 91 articles should be making you a TON more than what you've shown, and I mean a lot more.

Are you doing anything other than just submitting these to Ezine?

UltimateFreebies, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  11. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on a lot of things apart from the article, the landing pages might not be up to scratch, the resource box might not be compelling enough, it's hard to know from here. Of course the product itself will have the most influence whether or not sales would be made.

I still think that this will be successful though.

I take the same approach to a lot of peoples products around here for testing purposes, all it costs is the time to write articles really.

terryd, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  12. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't judge the results by the number of articles, because as terryd admitted, it's just one of the success factors...

If you write a certain number of articles, there is first of all, no guarantuee that they will rank....Articles have to be ranked to get traffic. If they die, that means you just wasted your time.....Sometimes they come back, but only if you are real lucky ;)

bl4ckmaN^, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  13. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Almost 50 now and some of my articles even got pagerank on them:D

pingpong123, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  14. YoungWealthRevolution

YoungWealthRevolution Banned

Best Answers:
    Man. I wish the people who Wrote my articles were as fast as you are. I have to wait like 48hrs just to get 20 articles completed, it's B.S.

But hey man, good luck with your project. You should post a SC of your EZA Live Articles ;) so we can see that you REALLY have that many "Live" so quickly. You can blurr out the Titles and stuff, I just want to see it's REAL.

YoungWealthRevolution, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  15. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bold and color are mine :

If you start your own article writing service, you will not have
    to wait for articles to be written. Yes, it is more work, but
    it takes care of the waiting.

Hey Rolf, how did that $25 dollars feel ?

Did you know you can point other sites to your article(s) at EZA and
    keep them (the EZA articles) in the good SERPS longer ?

I like this thread.

Blue Star Ent., Jan 4, 2009 IP
  16. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand, could you elaborate?

teapoint, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  17. shkad14

shkad14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He means you can create other articles and submit them to other directories but put a link to the Ezinearticle in the resourxce box of those articles.

Plus, ping them, add the RSS feed to RSS directories, social bookmark them (not to Digg) but others, build squidoo lenses that point to them, create blogger blogs that point to the ezinearticles.

You could just circle link all the above sites, that way each site provides link juice to each other site.

shkad14, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  18. andrewblachut@bigpond.com

andrewblachut@bigpond.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Dragon Naturally Speaking will help but you really need to train it well first , to your own intonation. Article marketing absolutely does work and it would be hard to do to much of it as suggested above.

19. gnk_corp

gnk_corp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol Funny you mentioned that, I just received my ezine coffee mug in the mail the other day. :p And I believe the article submission service isn't a bad idea at all, but I think making content sites for yourself will only prove more beneficial in the long run.

Keep up the good work Rolf. I was actually thinking about doing the same thing and just write out 10+ articles for a month straight and see what happens. But I've never really pushed myself to my limits by writing of that excess amount. I'm thinking I'd probably get burnt out real fast. lol But who knows, you never know until you try. :)

gnk_corp, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  20. powerspike

powerspike Peon

Best Answers:
    Just remember guys, this thread is less then a week old, which means 91 of those articles won't of been aproved yet, i can't wait to see what it is like 3-4 weeks down the track.

Keep up the good work.

powerspike, Jan 4, 2009 IP