1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Focusing on higher price items instead of lower price items?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by blogaboutnothin, Dec 19, 2012.

I know some people do well making a website on selling cheap stuff that are below $10, and I also know people that focus on promoting appliances that make less sales but higher commission. What's your preference when promoting Amazon products?

blogaboutnothin, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  2. o_iSniPe_xX

o_iSniPe_xX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I wouldn't really categorize it as that. I would find an item that is frequently ordered, then use my data on the orders, not price ;)

o_iSniPe_xX, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  3. meepmeep

meepmeep Peon

Best Answers:
    It is best to have combination of both high and low price items. Low price items sell easier, so you can reach higher commission rates faster. But the high price items will be the ones which will help you have a respectable revenue income stream. So my advice would be do both, or you can focus only the high priced ones if you want that because many times you will get sales not related to your niche. It is just how people surft the internet and Amazon.

meepmeep, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  4. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do exactly as @meepmeep says - promote lots of cheap products to boost commission rates, which in turn gives bigger commissions on the higher priced items i promote

freshdevelopment, Dec 23, 2012 IP