1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Focus on a few Keywords or just one? Plus other questions.

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by BradleyMitchell, Aug 15, 2012.

Hello, I have a few keyword questions I would like to ask you all.

First, I'm trying to find keywords for my site that have low competition, and not searched to much. Is it ok that I'm trying to find keywords that aren't searched more than 25,000 times monthly? I heard that was a good idea because it's easier to rank for these keywords and then in the end, you will rank for the bigger keywords your site contains. Is this valid logic?

Secondly (as in the title), I've gone through a list of 100 keywords so far (that I made up) and was only able to get 5 good keywords that meet my standards (for low competition, etc). Should I stick with just one keyword and then build backlinks for it, or should I stick with like 10 keywords, sprinkle them around my site, and then build backlinks accordingly with anchor text to these keywords?

My niche is travel.

Please let me know thanks

BradleyMitchell, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  2. macdonjo

macdonjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I say 3-5 keywords is good. You don't want to put all your eggs in one basket as they say. Work on 3 at once, then maybe one will succeed and you'll be sitting on bank. However, after using a tool like Keyword Scout, you should be able to get at least 500 keywords that would be profitable to your site.

macdonjo, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  3. Watkins

Watkins Peon

Best Answers:
    True, you do not want to focus on just one keyword, nor do you want to spread yourself too thinly and not rank for all of them. As to the 25,000 searches, in my opinion this is a useless figure as it depends on what you do/what sector you are in. This is because if you were an incredibly niche retailer, your conversion rate on specific searches would be much higher as it is unlikely people would search for those terms if they werent looking for your product, as such it wouldnt matter if quantity of searches is low. i would compare it to the keyword that your competitors are likely to target and the amount of searches done for them, that way you have a comparison.

Watkins, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  4. swft

swft Peon

Best Answers:

keep a list of very imoortant keywords then start with the most relevant,important keyword.
    as time passes, change the keyword and start submitting.
    try to give priority to the keywords by yourself.
    focusing on just one would not help, neither does keeping too many keywords.

swft, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  5. jenifaraj

jenifaraj Peon

Best Answers:
    I started to develop content for my new project and as per many experts suggestions am focusing low competition keyword. But am not focusing many keywords, Simply am focusing single and high competition keyword. Because my though is once i get a good position for my 1st keyword then i can focus on 2nd and 3rd keyword etc., I need a suggestion for my keyword selection path. Could anyone pls give me valuable suggestion??

jenifaraj, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  6. nostradamos

nostradamos Peon

Best Answers:
    I say 3 to 5 keywords is good. use your Specific Keyword Phrases in a title tag . Do not repeat your keywords more than twice.

nostradamos, Aug 25, 2012 IP