1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fly by night affiliate programs and products

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by SEOBoss, Feb 28, 2015.

I am into affiliate marketing since more than six years now (six figure affiliate to be specific :p) and always loved being part of this. However I am not sure if this happens with other members here.
    1. You signup with with a leading brand for their affiliate program, you spend hours creating content and SEO. ONE day they get acquired and close their affiliate program. WOW! This usually happens when you're driving traffic with SEO.
    2. If you're with CJ/SaS or their own Inhouse program. They terminate your account or relationship because you haven't created ENOUGH business for them.
    3. They change their product, rebrand or relaunch and close affiliate program without letting affiliates know.
    4. Their affiliate tracking software stops tracking sales and you never know when that happened.
    5. They change their mind when they're grown up with the help of affiliates, they no longer need affiliates (who helped to them build brand) and ditch them. WOW!
    6. Affiliate managers who wants to "arrange a call" for simple and stupid requirement I have which can be easily done with an email.
    7. Arrogant affiliate managers who wants you to literally dance without clothes to get approved with their program.
    I hate to promote these products or networks who primarily work for merchants. That being said there are excellent products who are solely focused on helping affiliates.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    SEOBoss, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  2. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You mentioned the truth, The most painful things for me is when I don't receive notification for sudden change in affiliate links, affiliate is temporarily on hold or closed and auto decline system.

blogdum, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  3. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sadly, we see a lot of this in the affiliate world.
    This is we must take the time to find good, long lasting affiliate products.
    There are many bad vendors online, but there are also very good vendors. You just need to find the good ones.

great post!!

Cheers!

Snoopy240, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  4. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This has been going on for years even centuries. You need to do a lot of research before you signup for a certain affiliate program and point your trafic that way!

fionix, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  5. SEOBoss

SEOBoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, Some of them are "good" vendors with big name on internet and they behave like this. Even if we just go by name, there is no guarantee on anything.

SEOBoss, Mar 2, 2015 IP