1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FLV File Host?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by wd_2k6, Jun 20, 2007.

Hi,
    I am completley aware of youtube and metcafe etc as great video hosts. However i have created my own videos with watermarks etc. and was looking for a place to upload them for free.
    However, I require the free host to allow hotlinking so that i can stream it in my own site specific FLV player?
    Anybody know of any such good free FLV hosts?
    Many thanks in advance.

wd_2k6, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  2. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:
    Not that I know of.
    If you find one, probably in a month or so they are gone in flash due to bandwidth bill....
    You can always use "cheapo" progressive downloads method on a standard host, pray that your host have a valid mime type defined for .flv

lkj, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  3. doridori

doridori Banned

Best Answers:
    i was googling for the exact same thing and i discovered coincidently this thread.

after a long search i came across flashfap.com

flashfap.com doesn't let u stream directly. upload size is 2gb max!!!
    but it lets u produce watermark free videos. u can link it and share on forums and stuff....i dont think anyone will let u stream directly.....

like this one i just uploaded. it produces flv.

if you find a good one let me know!

doridori, Jul 1, 2008 IP
  4. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest I just went with Youtube, because they are pretty good, and you also have the advantage of gaining their traffic, which is a massive plus.
    If you want to take it even futher you can put YT videos in your own player, but I don't know if this is legal.

wd_2k6, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  5. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, traffic can be a big bill burner if you do have a lot of visitors/viewers. However, hosting your own flash videos gives you some advantages, like

-branding
    -ability to show only your own videos (not other user videos)
    -custom player that's customized for your site
    -more hits to your web site (if other folks are using your video+player in their posts)

Of course you need to run this operation right if you are on a tight budget.

lkj, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  6. ZMS

ZMS Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.zillionmovies.com Allows you to upload flash videos for free and embed it on your own site with jw flv player /no water marks logos
    *Terms & conditions apply*

ZMS, Nov 21, 2012 IP