1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fluid positioning

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Jim bob 9 pants, Apr 23, 2005.

Hi all,

I am increasing the amount of adsense adverts on my site, but I have a problem

The site is fluid, and in the past I have nested layers and positioned relative to the parent layer, if you look at the header area of the page you will see this in action.

For some reason I am having a spot of bother, was up till 3 last night and was getting really pissed off with this.

For the adsense adverts on the righthand side, I creted a layer, then nested and aligned to the right a new layer, now the z index set to view the advert stopped any hyperlinks working accross the page, effictivly hidden under a layer, so I reduced the Z number of the parent layer and increased the z number of the layer holding the advert, but the advert still shows behind the body of the page - I have the layer set to visable and not Inherit :)

Also just as a foot note, do you think the adsense will work how I have set it up (earn money?)

www.visitdevonandcornwall.com is the url :eek:

Jim bob 9 pants, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  2. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    I just did a view source on that page. You are delivering three, that's right, three seperate web pages!

Something is not right.

noppid, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  3. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    UH oh, whats going on there!

4. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    I have removed what might have been 2, can you let me know If there are still 3 and what I should be looking for!!

5. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    I have sussed it!!! thank the lord, now just need to tidy my code over the next few weeks!!!

Could you please advise me on this matter, I think I have deleated 2 of them :)

6. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The index as I came to this post said:

I have to say that the visual triggered by the juxtaposition of the phrase "fluid positioning" with a second phrase containing the word "pants" was not pretty...

minstrel, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  7. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    I quite like that

"Jim Bob Fluid Pants"

LOL