1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fluid or not?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Solicitors Mortgages, Jul 8, 2005.

?

the best layout is....

1. fluid

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. static

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
    which do you THINK is the best layout style?
    (not necessarily what you have)

i prefer static as some fluid sites just looks bloated with 'blank space' :p

Solicitors Mortgages, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Fluid for me. That reminds me, I need to turn my personal blog into a fluid template like I did with my auction blog.

digitalpoint, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  3. LGRComp

LGRComp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer fluid sites, but some designs just need to be static.

LGRComp, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  4. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    Once again this will rely on what type of site it is. If you have a largely text-based site, then a fluid design would be the better option. For other sites, like graphic sites etc a static layout is a far better option. So as all things in life, it depends...

Crusader, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  5. ginostylz

ginostylz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dislike static, because i never view 800x600 resalution so all static pages look like a real small block centered on a page, or even worse the far the left corner. I make up for it by leavine my "favorites" tab open to take up some of the space.

But at the same time a fluid site looks good on a 800x600 and the 1028xsomething. But if you veiw on something much larger the site really looks bad. (mine does anyway)

Does anyone know where I can learn to work with a fluid design? A bought template is generally static.

ginostylz, Jul 9, 2005 IP