1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Florida Tax

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Visual Realm, May 23, 2008.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem with their website. Apparently if you run a business in florida and you sell a product to someone else in florida, they have to pay tax. Yeah we all know that. But say the person lives in a county that has a different sale tax and you deliver it to their county you have to charge them their sales tax.

So if you live in Tampa you would be charged 7% but if you live in St.Augustine you would be charged 6%. Now how the hell would you program that to work on a shopping cart website. Especially when florida has 68 different counties. Plus what happens if someone orderes it from St.Augustine but it ships to Tampa then what do you charge.

Cant our government make things easier. So stupid. Why does it matter where the item is shipped.

Visual Realm, May 23, 2008 IP
  2. CyberBrian

CyberBrian Peon

Best Answers:
    VR,

I'm pretty sure every state requires sales tax on ecommerce sales shipped to the same state.

However, in my state (Missouri), you tax at the rate of the city the business is located in, because that city is the one that collects the tax.

Check the Florida Secretary of State website, I'm sure they have a FAQ that covers this.

Good luck with your endeavors.

CyberBrian, May 24, 2008 IP