1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Float image in list menu

Discussion in 'CSS' started by bellcom, Oct 6, 2014.

I am working on modifying a template for opencart and the built in menu lets me display an image in the drop down menu.
    dunertunes.com/update - check the first menu item "Polaris", its only that drop down.
    I can show the image on the left, top or right of the text in the drop down menu but want it to float and have the text wrap around it.

If I copy the html from the menu I can float the text around the image but something is preventing it in this template. Would anyone be able use the inspector & see what I could change to float the text in the drop down around the images?

I was also having an issue getting my links in the main nav menu vertically centered but think I have that figured.

Thanks!
    -George
    SEMrush

bellcom, Oct 6, 2014 IP
    SEMrush
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    WOW are users actually waiting for that bloated mess to load? Inspecting the menu is worthless because it only shows the styles that are part of the source, and the scripting is overwriting it and screwing up the Document Object to the point that even if you find the spot where it looks like it is overriding the styles, some other script will screw up that or something else. You need to rewrite the whole thing based on a rational design instead of just using everything you find on the internet and loading up on graphics.

COBOLdinosaur, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  3. bellcom

bellcom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its a theme from themeforest, just screwing around and experimenting with the menu since there some cool things that you can quickly do without coding yourself, this isn't even a live site so relax.
    Guess a lot of people are waiting since they made like 227k on themeforest so far so figured I would try but can prob code that myself. I don't care how long the bloat takes to load, just want to know how to make a menu like I explained if at all possible.

bellcom, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  4. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    Anything is possible, but with all that trash in the way you might as well try tap dancing in a minefield. As for themeforest it is no better or worse than any other repository of toys. 80 or 90% is crap (depends on your tolerance level) and of the stuff that is not crap, the support is generally very inadequate.

As for not caring how long it takes to load; that is fine with me; I'm not paying for the hosting. If you ever decide to take it live, I would not spend much on advertising, because most of the traffic you get will leave before the page is fully loaded.

So if you really want to experiment with it. Try putting it alone on a page using your own code and then start loading the crap to the page until it breaks and you will start to discover just how lame some of that junk is.

COBOLdinosaur, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  5. bellcom

bellcom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Got this figured out. As long as I am backed up with work from people wanting the bloated crap I make it and have fun doing what I do. There is a market for everything. Just for future reference I don't need advice from people whose sites looks like it was make by a 7 year old color blind dyslexic, that crap for sure don't sell LOL but thanks for the input.

bellcom, Oct 7, 2014 IP
  6. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    Like I said I don't care what you do as long as I am not paying for it. I get $160 an hour for custom code and project management that does not rely on third party crap and I have enough work to keep the 6 developers I employ busy, working for clients that expect fast response and security. If you do not have pride in your work; no one really cares, and you will always be able to make a living with junk just like a hamburger flipper at Burger King will have a paycheck as long as they keep flipping.

Cd&

COBOLdinosaur, Oct 8, 2014 IP
  7. bellcom

bellcom Active Member

Best Answers:
    No one was asking for your business & money making advice in fact posted that I DONT NEED IT. You should be out making $160 an hour instead of clogging up this and other threads with your useless comments. Please go start your own thread or pm me.

bellcom, Oct 8, 2014 IP