1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flippa escrow for big sales, how to proceed (seller)?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by CulySeo, Jan 31, 2015.

Hello,

I would like to sell website on Flippa, worth over $ 15,000.
    But i have a doubt .... About flippa escrow.
    How to proceed? Steps?

For example:

1) Buyer send money to flippa escrow.
    2) Seller sends website files (Or domain?).
    3) Buyer realizes funds to seller.
    4) Seller send domain and other info.

This is right method?

(as a seller, i need to protect myself from scam).

Thanks

CulySeo, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  2. CaliStyle

CaliStyle Active Member

Best Answers:
    You pretty much have it all right. However, once he puts the money in the escrow you have to go ahead and hand over everything. Then once you have sent everything over he will then release the funds to you.

CaliStyle, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  3. CulySeo

CulySeo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes , but if he scam?
    He can say that has not received files and domain, no escrow company do investigation ....

And no money for me..

CulySeo, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  4. File-Hosting

File-Hosting Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    As per what CaliStyle says, the process is that the domain/site ownership is changed to the new owner only after funds have been received by Escrow. They (Escrow) ensure that the buyer/seller agree to all prior to funds being released.
    You should be all good as long as you follow the step by step process.

File-Hosting, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  5. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I had a flippa transaction for about $5k a few days ago and was also contemplating on whether to go with the flippa escrow or regular escrow.com that I've always been using. I suppose flippa escrow should be safe, but a few google searches and some research led me to believe that it may take quite a bit longer. Which is not hard to believe knowing how flippa staff usually act. They are notoriously slow.

So I decided to go with escrow.com in the end. Even if their fees are a bit higher, I've done over a hundred transactions with them and they are always very professional and quick, so you know what you're paying for. Never had any issues before with scammers and such. The transaction was completed in just a few days.

As to your concerns - once you transfer the domain and site you click a button in escrow.com to confirm you've transferred everything. Once you do that the buyer can't withdraw his money. If he says he didn't receive anything escrow.com would investigate, they'll check whois, ask you to provide proofs of transfers (screenshots, logs etc). The buyer will not be able to get his money back without returning the domain and site to your satisfaction, as you can easily prove that you've transferred the domain.
    I've done over 100 transactions with them and haven't had this issue before. Scammers really only use western union and paypal.

DomainMagnate, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  6. Andrew2015

Andrew2015 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried to sell my database website recently with Flippa but did not get to the escrow question. My sites reserve was a bit higher than yours but what I noticed was a lot of "watchers" but only a few that engaged in discussions. Those that did engage with questions soon faded off once I hit them back with some questions of my own to identify their locations and see if they had businesses similar to my site. Even with an opening bid price of $15,000 the quality of the responses was low to say the least. There are many ways to do safe transactions once you have a willing buyer - but do some DD on them first to determine if they are serious or just playing around....

Andrew2015, Mar 2, 2015 IP