1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flexpoint Digital Marketing Consulting

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Annabelle1, Oct 29, 2015.

Hi,

We have new website and wanted to get feedback from other webmasters for Website and traffic improvement. Can you review my site and tell me what will be your recommendation in terms of SEO and site design. Here is my website flexpointmarketing.com

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Annabelle1, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well you managed to draw a comment from a spammer trying to sell you even more garbage then you already have on your site.

I suspect that you have not gotten any reviews because there are a lot of people that would rather not do an honest evaluation if it is going to be negative. the site gets a grade of D minus. The page is bloated overload trash with nothing of value about the page and is not much more than an very long add trying to look like content.

Not just the design is junk, but the page does not validate, so it also fails technically and I would not give you a dime for accessibility, or the "gee this is cute" animated nonsense the is a distraction and negative for usability.

As for SEO; I suggest you start by educating yourself on the h tags, and semantic markup. The page give a crawler and screen readers no clue about what the page is about or what anything is. You also might want to consider what "keywords" means {hint it does not mean key phrases}

Overall if your site is a sample of what you are trying to sell; it fails. After seeing that site, I would never risk my business by putting my website in the hands of a business that thinks a page that bad is even ready for review.

COBOLdinosaur, Dec 5, 2015 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you want traffic, you need to have a website that WORKS. When I went there all I get is a BLANK WHITE page. Apparently you think that I, and people like me, would patronize someone that BLATANTLY showcases their "ignore ants" of how NOT to piss off potential customers.

mmerlinn, Dec 5, 2015 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Gah, these just keep getting worse and worse the deeper into "reviews" I get...

I often say "painfully agonizing first-load" but this one truly lives up to the title, if I weren't reviewing it there is NO way I would wait the MINUTE AND TWENTY SECONDS it is taking for this train wreck of how NOT to build a website to load.

Of course that the topic of the site is SEO scam artist rubbish, it's hardly a shock it seems to also be scamming itself.

I mean it has all the hallmarks of the typical graphic arts fool calling themselves a "designer" when they don't know enough about HTML, CSS or accessibility to be designing a blasted thing. Plainly evident with the illegible colour contrasts, fixed metric fonts, fixed height layout elements, and pathetically broken attempt at being responsive... made even worse by the images for text, massive space-wasting scripttard slideshow, and general bloat that has resulted in a 4.5 megabyte monstrosity in a ape-shit ridiculous 96 separate files...

That file count ALONE means a real-world first-load of 18 seconds, and a worst case scenario pushing into two minutes or more REGARDLESS of connection speed at either end!

The gibberish use of numbered headings, missing headings, and overall lack of a sensible document outline means the page -- allegedly about SEO -- is so ignorant of accessibility that search engines should slap it down for that ALONE.

Seriously:
    http://www.cutcodedown.com/for_others/annaBelle1/docOutline.png

How can you have H4 without H3? Much less having H4 before the page even has it's first H1 or H2? That's gibberish that proves whoever wrote your HTML has no damned business writing HTML... just as it seems your "designer" doesn't know enough about HTML, CSS, emissive colourspace, user interaction or accessibility to be designing a blasted thing.

For a site proclaiming itself to be about marketing and SEO, the ignorance of both shown in the HTML just further confirms my belief that most such businesses are scams created by people talking out their arse. This too is plainly evident when you see idiocy like the keywords meta:

<meta name="keywords" content="Bellevue organic search engine optimization,Bellevue search engine optimization company,Bellevue search engine optimization services,Bellevue web designer for startups,Bellevue web designer services,Bellevue web designer company,Bellevue web designer firms,Bellevue web designer agency,Bellevue SEO">
    Code (markup):
    It's called keyWORDS. NOT keyphrases, NOT keysentences, but keyWORDS!!! Seven or eight single words (or proper names) that exist as character data between <body> and </body> that you want a slight uprank on... preferably totalling under 128 bytes, some people even say keep it under 96.

It's like a word jumble, which is why saying the same word over and over and over and over and over and over again inside it is nonsense more likely to get your keywords ignored (hence why many people claim it's ignored) or have you slapped down for abuse!

Hence why it should probably be cut down to just:
    content="organic,search engine,optimization,services,design,marketing"
    Code (markup):
    ... and that's before we start talking about the static inlined style pissing all over the markup, presentational use of markup, static scripttardery in the markup, OOCSS style asshattery taking a leak on the markup from so on-high you'd think the almighty just got back from a kegger...

Seriously, if you don't know what's wrong with this:

<div id="mega_main_menu" class="topbar primary_style-flat icons-left first-lvl-align-right first-lvl-separator-smooth direction-horizontal fullwidth-disable mobile_minimized-disable dropdowns_animation-anim_4 no-logo no-search no-woo_cart no-buddypress responsive-enable coercive_styles-disable coercive_styles-disable indefinite_location_mode-disable language_direction-ltr version-2-0-3-1  mega_main mega_main_menu">
    Code (markup):
    or this:

<ul id="mega_main_menu_ul" class="mega_main_menu_ul">
    <li id="menu-item-3999" class="menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-has-children menu-item-3999 grid_dropdown default_style drop_to_right submenu_default_width columns4">
    Code (markup):
    or even this:
    <ul class="mega_dropdown" style="background-image:url(/wp-content/uploads/seowp-dropdown-bg.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-attachment:scroll;background-position:bottom right;background-size:auto;">
    	<li id="menu-item-4031" class="menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-has-children menu-item-4031 default_dropdown additional_style_2 drop_to_right submenu_default_width columns1" style="width:25%;">
    Code (markup):
    Then you have zero damned business building a website, much less offering services to others!!! The level of ignorance (admittedly some of that falls in turdpress' lap) shown in the construction methodology of that site is so mind-numbingly stupid, I pity anyone dumb enough to be a client there.

Take a good read of this article of mine:
    http://www.cutcodedown.com/article/whats_wrong_with_YOUR_website_index

Pretty much EVERY section of it applies to what you've done there!

Hence the ridiculously absurd 379k of markup to deliver 10k of plaintext and maybe only six elements I'd actually consider to be a content media -- easily twelve to fifteen times the HTML needed on such a simple page!!!

The HTML alone is flat out developer ineptitude of the highest order... and it only gets worse from there!

deathshadow, Dec 8, 2015 IP
    COBOLdinosaur likes this.