1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fleet Networks - BE CAREFUL KIDDIES!!!!

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by N2KMaster, May 4, 2012.

Be warned, new scammer in town, heres the story:

4 years ago i was shown a webhosting company that literally changed my life around. Vprohost. Owned by a man known as Ruben, really nice guy, helpful, pleasant to deal with. When things went wrong he would do what he could to make up for it. And even got me working for him verifying sites for c0n.us and d0m.us free webhosting that he owned.

The day of horror came when he said he was selling the company to take care of family matters. What came next was sheer stupidity and ignorance of the new owners.

Some new company dubbed Fleet Networks, bought all the webhosting. Found out they downsized my account, outsourced 30 gigs of scripts i purchased from ebay (legit, i had resellers rights even on them and had to sign an agreement not to bootleg them). This happened because he couldn't follow instructions. He asked me what i wished to keep, i gave him the list, and he kept everything but what was on the list, offlining 10 websites of mine and several people i was reselling hosting to. He never made up for it. Ever. Nor gave me what he took from my account neither back.

Next horror story came when they claimed they could sell domain names, but they couldn't. In fact im now missing 2 active domain names stuck hosted under him and located at godaddy and he wont transfer them to me even tho i paid quite a handsome price for them.

Tech support, non existent, AT BEST. Takes days sometimes weeks for them to reply to support tickets. Then it got worse. During the middle of several FTP sessions, my password kept randomly changing. First thing i thought of maybe was something virus in nature on my pc. Nothing was found thru several checkers, so i sent them a support ticket about it, 3 days i waited for a response that was of this nature "Well, i dont see anything wrong" even with screenshots of my valid passwords NOT working. Theres currently still 47$ in my account, when i asked for that back cuz i was done with all this random bad stuff happening, he suspended my account stating that i was berating his staff and stole the 2 domain names. He wont answer any mails now, yet continously spams my emails on updates where paypal, credit cards etc are all being refused cuz of his dishonesty (doesnt say it directly, but when you see that the only valid payment method they have left is alertpay, starts sending up warning flags ya know)

I've been in contact and reported it to IC3 and Paypal. I still havent gotten my 30 gigs of scripts, my 47$, my domain names, and havent been hosting on there for 2 months (I actually went to hostgator which im very pleased about their tech support). My recommendation, people steer clear of them. Considering I've watched the "person to talk to" change from a Bill, to a Bob, to a Will in under 1 month, theres a definate problem there.

I had hosted there for years til a couple of months ago, and since he wont remove me from the mailing list like i had asked for NUMEROUS times, maybe a public spectacle will smarten him up.

N2KMaster, May 4, 2012 IP
  2. Linktub

Linktub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great info...thanks.

Linktub, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  3. corvetteguru

corvetteguru Peon

Best Answers:
    An update... Fleet Networks went down for the count back in March.

I sent a tech support request at that time and got no response. At the end of April, my site was down because of changed security settings.

I tried to call, but got an outbound message in Spanish!

The worse part? The site continued to hit my paypal account. I did get refunded... however, it was a real trick to get some of my domains back. Godaddy did help me do that at minimal cost.

corvetteguru, Jan 9, 2015 IP