1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flash Pan Guide to Online Content Creation

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by TheOptimizers, Oct 19, 2010.

If you are used to traditional copywriting and are just broaching the subject of online content creation it can be a daunting place! I have been a copywriter for four or five years now but have only branched into online in the last year or so. I thought I would share what I've learnt with any newbies.

Number one; Think of something your readers will be interested in
    Put yourself in the position of whoever you want to target. Really imagine who they are; what motivates them? what do they like doing? where do they work? and most importantly - WHAT INTERESTS THEM?!

Number two; Do some keyword research to find out how people talk about your topic

So now you know what you want to write about but what kind of words do you need to use? This is where the keyword research comes in. You need to know how many people are searching for the words you are using in your article. When you are looking through the list think about your target reader, what kind of words would they use?

Number three: Include those keywords in your piece so the search engine knows it’s relevant

Make sure these keywords are used in your article -the Search Engines will be able to find it and you've optimized so your target audience will search for it and WANT to read it.

Number four: Make sure your writing is clear, concise and not obviously promotional

Now you've got your reader where you want them you need to make sure the copy is actually written well so that they read it. Don't be obviously promotional, you are giving them something they are interested in, you want them to share this information and link to it. Give a little and you get a lot in return :)

Number five: Format your article so that your readers can scan it easily

Generally online readers are in more of a hurry. They are scanners and want to access information quickly. Format your aticle by highlighting sections, breaking it up into paragraphs and having a clear structure.

I realize this is a very, very basic guide to online copy! I will be publishing a more in depth article soon - promise :):)

TheOptimizers, Oct 19, 2010 IP
    Mystique likes this.
  2. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good suggestion indeed, there are many people hanging around this forum that often are seeking answers you have covered here.

Mystique, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  3. anuragwebworld

anuragwebworld Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi peon,

I am also a professional copywriter, and write articles on different topics. I will keep these things in mind. Good suggestions on copywriting. It is good for your website to be SEO friendly. A smart SEO copywriter can improve the performance of your website on search engines. It will give you more traffic, and quality backlinks. You should make your content targeting around your keyword. Title of the article should be very creative, it should force visitors to read your content and visit on your site. Use keywords into your body content.

One more thing about copywriting is that don't make your article duplicate, it can be penalized. If using any reference article, then mention there it 's original link. It will duplication of your content.

Thanks.

anuragwebworld, Nov 11, 2010 IP