1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flash Help please...

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by loress, Dec 18, 2005.

I have Flash MX, just completed a course and I'm stumped. I'm not sure that I'm asking the right questions or using the right words but here goes.

I have an image (let's say a map) I need to mouse over each area then another image will appear (let's say a drawing pin) and then text will also appear giving further information based on where the users mouse is.

I have been able to do it with some action script and up down over & hit options for the area to be targeted (like a hotspot), but this took nearly an hour to figure out and I have 30 of them to do. So I guess here's the question - is an action script for each individual "drawing pin" the best and most efficient way to do this? :confused: And if so what am I doing wrong when I copy a layer - I go up into Edit > Timeline > and then repeat for paste but this seems convaluded and do I have to have a blank layer available to paste into?

Any help is greatly appreciated... thanks:D

loress, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  2. tommie

tommie Guest

Best Answers:
    If you have a different map each time, it seems that you would have to make different buttons because the "hotspots" will be different. You could use XML or textfiles so that its easier to edit, hope this helps!

tommie, Dec 19, 2005 IP
    loress likes this.
  3. loress

loress Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Tommie... hmmm I think I might outsource this one...

loress, Dec 20, 2005 IP
  4. FlashVictim

FlashVictim Guest

Best Answers:
    Sometimes it's better to omit scripting and do it the easy way, make buttons that are transparent squares (alpha at 0%) and change their roll-over/click state with a pin and text. You can copy the button (don't forget to change its name) and put it on another place on the map and so on...

FlashVictim, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  5. loress

loress Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi FlashVictim

Thank you - I was about to have one last try with Image Ready :)

loress, Dec 30, 2005 IP