1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flash Header not working in Firefox Help

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by kngprivy, Jun 8, 2009.

Hi,

My web-guru guy is on vacation, but we just discovered that the flash header for our site only works in IE but not in Firefox/Safari/Chrome/etc.

Can anyone give me a hand in what's wrong with the object call to get this to work correctly?

Site: leaderskillstraining.com

<OBJECT codeBase=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0 height=135 width=1000 classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>

<PARAM NAME="_cx" VALUE="26458"><PARAM NAME="_cy" VALUE="3572"><PARAM NAME="FlashVars" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="Movie" VALUE="flash/Movie8.swf"><PARAM NAME="Src" VALUE="flash/Movie7.swf"><PARAM NAME="WMode" VALUE="Window"><PARAM NAME="Play" VALUE="-1"><PARAM NAME="Loop" VALUE="-1"><PARAM NAME="Quality" VALUE="High"><PARAM NAME="SAlign" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="Menu" VALUE="-1"><PARAM NAME="Base" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="AllowScriptAccess" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="Scale" VALUE="ShowAll"><PARAM NAME="DeviceFont" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="EmbedMovie" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="BGColor" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="SWRemote" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="MovieData" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="SeamlessTabbing" VALUE="1"><PARAM NAME="Profile" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="ProfileAddress" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="ProfilePort" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="AllowNetworking" VALUE="all"><PARAM NAME="AllowFullScreen" VALUE="false">
                          																																																<embed src="flash/Movie8.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1000" height="135">																</embed>                    															</OBJECT>
    Code (markup):
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    -Anthony

kngprivy, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  2. Worldwidirectory

Worldwidirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably you don't have the flash plugin for Firefox...

Worldwidirectory, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  3. optimeramera

optimeramera Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you use to separate flash-files? Both Movie7.swf and Movie8.swf?

Also the code below shouldn't be within the object-tag ("src" is only within the embed tag);
    <PARAM NAME="Src" VALUE="flash/Movie7.swf">

optimeramera, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  4. kngprivy

kngprivy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help, I got it fixed. Apparently I had to update how I was treating the .js file with the code according to Adobe's site (FYI - adobe.com/devnet/activecontent/articles/devletter.html).

kngprivy, Jun 10, 2009 IP