1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fixing Speed Work ( Process Disconnecting ) on Site using ASP+MYSQL

Discussion in 'C#' started by adonthenet, Jan 13, 2009.

Hi everyone,

The site I'm talking about is : shipper.co.il

in the DB there are 14,000 Articles + 10,000 Pictures - You can only read the articles if you have password ( registered user ).

Everyday there are 2,000 Unique visitors ( without the pass, just to the homepage ) and 800 that have password access and reading the articles...

About a month ago, the system that the Admin used to access the system ( via Session ) that let the Admin work on the site for 1 hour stopped working.

The server load couldn't held and when there are too much loads it just getting the process disconnecting.

I think thats why the Session for Admin stopped working when the Process disconnected.

there is also a counter on the site that also set to zero each time the Session disconnecting... ( sometimes it falls even when there are just 2 users on the site ) that means, process disconnecting happening quite often...

I Don't know what causing this and also my server admin isn't helping...
    My guess is maybe that the MYSQL running each time the query for the DB from the start instead of running in once and then just displaying results...

I found now that there is something called query cache on MySql :
    "MySQL's query cache stores the results of previously executed queries. The cache exists to speed up your application by responding to the same query with results directly from memory instead of parsing, optimizing, and re-executing the query against the database."

If thats the problem, I need some help how to get it working, insert the code to the ASP / changing the MySql DB.... , I need to know how to get it working again without process disconnecting every time and work fast and well :)

Thanks for anyone who can help! Looking forward to hear from you experts! :D

adonthenet, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  2. adonthenet

adonthenet Active Member

Best Answers:
    No one knows?!

adonthenet, Jan 15, 2009 IP