1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

first webpage would like opinions on layout. Please be honest

Discussion in 'Websites' started by bwest, Mar 1, 2017.

the website is bigredtanks.com. I feel like i could be losing viewers. This is a new site and my bounce rate is averaging 70%. I feel like i need to change things but i would just like honest opinions on what should be different. Don't be afraid to tear it apart. I just want honest input so i can improve it thanks in advance.

bwest, Mar 1, 2017 IP
  2. accel

accel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would make the text for the phone number and e-mail in the header about 20% bigger. Also, I would fix this black header in place, and not let it disappear on scroll down, as phone number should always be in view.

I think you should put text content on the home page below the slider. You need to sell the company here. That means giving bullet points of why to choose you.

The text in the slider needs more thought, a better call to action, and slow it down a bit because it's too quick and annoying at the moment.

I hope that helps.

accel, Mar 1, 2017 IP
  3. bwest

bwest Peon

Best Answers:
    it definitely gives me a direction to head. I was thinking some content needed to be added to the homepage and really good advice about the header following the page so the contacts are always visible. Thank you very much for your input

bwest, Mar 1, 2017 IP
  4. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    Change color of slider text which is not redable in black you can use white color for better appearance.

David Jones42, Mar 1, 2017 IP
  5. sinGN

sinGN Member

Best Answers:
    Its nice.

sinGN, Mar 2, 2017 IP
  6. bwest

bwest Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks

bwest, Mar 2, 2017 IP