1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First time using Shipito freight forwading service to buy an iPhone- daily progress update!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scurvy, Nov 2, 2016.

Hey people- I am making this account of my first ever experience with a freight forwarder to acquire a fairly valuable piece of electronics- an iPhone SE 64GB from shipito.com.

I decided to buy an iphone from eBay from a seller that does not do international shipping as those are where the best deals can be found. I got this brand new phone from a trusted seller for $392 shipped to Shipito's Hawthorne California warehouse. Once it reaches there I am expecting a further $16-20 for shipping and handling straight to Sri Lanka using the cheapest shipping option which is Airmail.

So altogether with any luck this would come to a max expenditure on my end of $415-420.
    Now if I bought this phone locally I would have to pay around $550. So I am getting a pretty good deal and also avoid giving my hard earned cash to the local Muslim phone shops.

So as of today (Nov 2, 2016) tracking shows parcel is close to its Shipito warehouse in Cali. Once there Shipito are supposed to send me an email informing me of its arrival. Lets hope everything goes according to plan and USPS delivers it and not take it back saying that they need an actual signature from me or something. :(

scurvy, Nov 2, 2016 IP
  2. treyarnon

treyarnon Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you considered that you will probably have to pay customs duties and taxes when it arrives at its final destination. Anyway, I hope it goes well and you receive it soon. Good luck!

treyarnon, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  3. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hehe- I marked it as a computer flash drive and undervalued it considerably and marked as a gift so hopefully it'll fool Customs and be sent direct to my house. Updates here.

scurvy, Nov 3, 2016 IP