1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First post - Big Daddy Bug

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by JohnF, May 3, 2006.

Hi everyone, first post here although I have been reading information on sitemaps and adsense.

Have been having a few problems with sitemaps for sometime but in the past day or so it has hit crisis point.

I actually run a community organisation the Stepfamily Zone at http://www.stepfamily.asn.au

In the past I was able to place an article on the homepage and within a couple of days it would be in the Google index. Those days have passed and in fact, new material does not seem to be indexed at all. Read all they hype about Google sitemaps and thought it was worth trying, but with very little success actually.

My other site, which is my own personal site has been hit quite badly, going down to just 7 items index. Not a great problem, but my Bushwalking site http://www.johnfaulkner.com.au/bush/ has suffered the same fate.
    SEMrush
    Also have another section on http://www.johnfaulkner.com.au/camping/ and google will not even look at it.

Thought I was doing something wrong, until I read on another forum about a Big Daddy bug. Has anyone else heard of this, or is it a myth. If so, why would I be having so much trouble.

Thanks

John

JohnF, May 3, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. JohnF

JohnF Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe I should have waited an hour or so before posting.

Everything seems to be back to normal, but still Google will not index www.johnfaulkner.com.au/camping

I really not too sure what I am doing wrong.

Any ideas.

Thanks

John

JohnF, May 3, 2006 IP
  3. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Im not sure about bigdaddy bug, there are other members who are wait for their reply

Imran, May 3, 2006 IP
  4. JohnF

JohnF Peon

Best Answers:
    Must have put a jinx on the results, from 3,000 last night to 11 this morning.

:confused:

JohnF, May 3, 2006 IP
  5. JohnF

JohnF Peon

Best Answers:
    Still the same, but why does Yahoo show over 1,700

What is going on. :confused:

JohnF, May 7, 2006 IP
  6. skimmy

skimmy Peon

Best Answers:
    My suggestion would be to just relax a bit and wait it out... I've traditionally experienced spikes and dives but overtime it works itself out.

skimmy, May 9, 2006 IP