1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First place for key word!

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Winagain, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Skionxb,
    yes, it's "web hosting mexico". third at yahoo.com and first at yahoo.com.mx (my main market).

I am not using any SEO companies at the moment, since I've done a better job with my own site that the service I got from other providers

Winagain, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  2. Winagain

Best Answers:
    well, the term "web hosting mexico" is over 16 million results. Something like that is a major term for me.

It produces about 50 unique visits a day. Guess I still have some work to do ;)

Winagain, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  3. smartgirl

smartgirl Peon

Best Answers:
    In order to find the competitiveness of a kw , search that keyphrase with quotes.The results are the sites that optimize for that exact keyphrase; this should give you a hint on that keyphrase popularity. Looking at your keyphrase i see there are 32,100 competing sites (not a hard competition).Either way, congratulations and looking forword to see you ranking well for "web hosting" ;) !

smartgirl, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  4. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a decent term and being as targeted as it is targeted to your market, the 50 uniques will have a better chance of conversion. Good work.

Web Gazelle, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  5. Winagain

Best Answers:
    My thoughts exactly.
    for example I am first for at all search engines for "alojate" (roughly host here, in spanish), but I don't receive any traffic for that, since is more than a word game than a real term.

many clients reaching my site with "web hosting mexico" term are sending emails inquiring quotes and description of services. Very good for business.

I am also starting to get traffic for other competitive terms, and I must say that I am very full of myself! :p

Winagain, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  6. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good work. You are adding support to my theory that more targeted search terms can sometimes be more valuable.

Web Gazelle, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  7. Winagain

Best Answers:
    Of course, for my case, it's better I receive only visitors from my zone.
    altough I am looking for other markets too ;)

Winagain, Oct 21, 2006 IP