1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First Page Guaranteed??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tsptom, Apr 13, 2004.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yea you can get in top results, it is called get in bed with the right folks, not everything is above board at the SE's. The SE's make selective deals with webmasters they are in bed with, I can prove this and have proved it.

http://www.webcenter.squarespace.com

Proves it is not SEO but corruption in many cases.

I must agree with FOXY for once, he is right, I would not put any faith in this so called SEO firm that makes silly claims.

anthonycea, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  2. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay this is good to know. Now we can accurately conclude that they are capable of ripping people off with respect to two different service offerings - not just one.

:eek:

ephricon, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  3. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:

Sure, sure, but legitimately well optimized sites still dominate the majority of the SERPS. Just takes a knowledgable person, hard work, and patience.

All of these are apparently even more scarce that I had thought.

ephricon, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  4. peterjohnston917

peterjohnston917 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well hopefully there are honest, knowledgeable people out there who will support the business sector as i am with my customers...and will do for years to come. We are not here for the quick buck!!!! but the long haul
    Saying that we still have to make a living :)

peterjohnston917, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, hard work, be honest, that all sounds good, but in business, it is MEAN BUSINESS.

So folks that are HIGH UP in business realize that business is not about that, but who can TAKE market share from the other guy.

The business world is filled to the brim with WHITE COLLAR CRIME, SO SCAMS WILL ALWAYS BE.

Buyer beware, a scam is always covered by slick marketing, if you are smart you can see through the "slick marketing".

If one does their homework, true professional services can be found and you can weed out the scams.

That is what we are here for, RIGHT.

Do not ever think that Business is a place for fair play, in many cases the most "so called successful businesses" are involved in many corrupt schemes.

ATT is being sued right now for fraudulent overbilling poor customers, guess why, because their revenues have been declining for years.

So they steal money to keep their ship afloat.

Look at Enron, Adelphia, Worldcom, these are all scams and fraud pulled off on shareholders, workers (pensions lost) and creditors who got left holding the bag, while executives get away with stealing Billions and exporting the money to their Swiss bank accounts.

So crooks are everywhere in business.

anthonycea, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  6. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many scams out there offering this ability to type keywords into the address bar. All of them do work to - for users who have their scumware IE patch infecting their web browser. Not exactly high quality marketing IMO.

On a side note, traffic-power dot com appears to be in trouble right now. It looks like a lot of their clients were banned in the latest Google update and there is a law office in San Francisco that is seeking comments in building a class action lawsuit:

www.girardgibbs.com/traffic-power.html

Bernard, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  7. peterjohnston917

peterjohnston917 Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is being carried on go to "Alex Doyle Ass"

peterjohnston917, Jul 16, 2004 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Did you pay Digital Point for that advertisement, if not you can expect a bill for a full page ad soon.

The only thing we trumpet around here is webmaster chat man.

Are you sure you are on the right forum?

Maybe you should get on the eyeglasses forum since it seems you may need to get your eyes looked at so you can read the content of a thread.

Or maybe a comprehension forum so you can comprehend the content of the threads, no one is interested in a trumpet lesson.

I think I have seen the greatest spammer ever, now I can kill myself.

anthonycea, Jul 16, 2004 IP
  9. fluffywhiteclouds

fluffywhiteclouds Guest

Best Answers:
    :mad:

Yep count me in i was screwed too!!!!!

Read the t & C's though if you think you have any hope of getting your money back?

It says that once we have achieved your number 1 positions on all the 27 search engines we will then hold those positions for you for 12 months?

so to quote my legal advice what it means is that there money back guarantee DOES NOT COME INTO FORCE UNTIL THEY HAVE ACHIEVED THE 27 NUMBER POSITIONS THAT THEY ARE PROMISING!!

So as we all know we will be waiting until the next millenium before our contract with this company will become legally binding!!!!!!!!!!!

I have now consoled myself and hit myself repeatadly for quite literally throwing in excess of £2000 down the drain with these guys. I have now resigned myself to the stark reality that i will NEVER EVER ACHIEVE THESE GUARANTEED POSITIONS AND WILL MOST IMPORTANTLY NEVER EVER EVER EVER SEE MY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE COME INTO FORCE.

I am way too embarassed to let you guys know my web address as this is not the first time I was suckered into SEO by a bunch of ********.

At least the last company only screwed me for about £250 though. They too promised me number 1's on google for 20 keywords etc... with guarantees of positions. The company this time was Iomart!!!!

There t & c's are even more laughable than ADA's though as THERE IS ABSOLUTLEY NO MENTION OF ANY GUARANTEE WHATSEVER from them so its like quite literally just throwing your money down the drain with ABSOLOUTLELY NO COMEBACK WHATSEVER!!!!!

Next SEO company to cold call me will have to be outstanding to persuade me on board???

fluffy

fluffywhiteclouds, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  10. wcolby

wcolby Peon

Best Answers:
    ROFLOL, Congrats you at least got this page number one http://www.google.com/search?q=bg+fvyudiefcgfuoregfvureo&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&filter=0

The point is well made of course.

wcolby, Sep 9, 2004 IP
  11. Rob Holden

Rob Holden Peon

Best Answers:
    We supply the Exclusive ISO ITALIA Professional Commercial Sunbeds and Tanning Units to the UK tanning market. Google the number 1 search engine has proven to be excellent choice of search engine for our advertising campaign until Alex Dole Associates got involved, Suddenly we where dropped completely out of googles rankings. It has been over six months and still we are not able to be fond on Google.
    When contacting ADA which I might add is almost impossible, these are their latest replies:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your account has now been sent over to be investigated and it normally takes 7 days for a decision to come back to the Admin department. Once we have a decision you will be informed.

Regards

Michelle Hancock

Customer Accounts Manager
    Over one week passed, still no reply, and then I received this.
    Hi Rob,

You will receive by post information why refund not granted by end of the week.

Regards

lisa
    ADA

I have replied to ADA this morning with the following:
    Good Morning Lisa,

You did state as above that we would receive information before the end of the week, it is now the end of the week
    As expected because of previous experiences with your company, we received no information why we will not be granted a refund.
    Please could you advise why we have not received the information and when we might expect to receive this important information?
    Many Thanks,
    Rob Holden
    www.iso-italia.co.uk
    MY CONTRACT WITH ADA STATED: £995.00 +vat would be the total cost.

ADA has taken £1398.24????????? This amount was not in contract, this amount was never authorized, THIS IS THEFT...................

I have been advised this is theft, I have take all the legal action I can, Police, OFT, TS, SBF, BL. See you at court ADA.

I will keep all informed of the new replies........when and if they come?

Rob Holden, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  12. peterjohnston917

peterjohnston917 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all... Just a quick question regarding "Askalix" which is online business directory.... who are stating that on their site and partner sites we will get top listings and a return weblink back to our site(s) which is really needed!!!!

Can anyone give us some advice regarding this matter?

Thanks

Peter

peterjohnston917, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  13. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    If you are reading this thread reagrding Alex Doyle Associates please go here

Digital Point Forums > Business > General Business > Alex Doyle Associates

Kirkburton, Oct 15, 2004 IP
  14. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    T0PS3O, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  15. zozor

zozor Banned

Best Answers:
    This can be done and can be guaranteed..... as if it is not achieved then it will result in a full or partial refund in most cases

zozor, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  16. imricky

imricky Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you.

imricky, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  17. nowimhere

nowimhere Active Member

Best Answers:
    The fact of the matter is,
    nobody can guarantee
    you first page rankings.

I would do more research
    about the company and their
    methods to see if its at all legit.

Best of luck...

nowimhere, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  18. shteca

shteca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just saying 1st page is vague. You need to know for what keywords.

shteca, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  19. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    (gotta be a record, we necroed an 8 year old thread!)

Actually i think alot of people offering seo and promising first page, dont really seem to have a clue. Ive contacted many idiots, and i will usually test them give them a keyword to quote on (one that is so popular that its impossible for them to achieve any ranking at all), just so that i can judge them by their response.
    IMO someone who is experienced should be able to look at the keyword and tell me that they can research the best keyword(s) for me for $XX, and then from those keywords that they recommend, they should be able to get them to rank well in search engines (not saying first page, but get them to rank well)

anyone that says they can do first page for any keyword and wont consider to do any sort of keyword research is what i consider to be an idiot.

matt_62, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  20. shteca

shteca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, i hear it as well with people who call them selves SEO but just use adwords

shteca, Sep 3, 2012 IP