1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First Page Guaranteed??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tsptom, Apr 13, 2004.

1. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    Here you go - says ...and if they sue you and win then...

ephricon, May 19, 2004 IP
  2. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn again you are trying to accuse me of bribing you which is completely false. When have I tried to bribe you? All I asked for is integrity for the right thing to be done where people have made false comments and asked for a retraction that Alex Doyle deserves!

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  3. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way - winning a lawsuit would not necessarily translate into a gain of respect in many people's eyes. For me, its all about how someone handles the situation.

If you are business long enough any company is going to have a few bumps in the road. Certainly the goal is to prevent these - but I wouldn't exclude a company simply b/c one of their customers may have been dissatisfied. The key to me is how did they react? If indeed the company held up its part of the deal and did their best to satify the customer and the customer is just a jerk than that's understandable.

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your best bet would be to ask for a retraction from anyone who made false statements against you. I don't know anything about you or your services, so I didn't make any comments about it.

- Shawn

digitalpoint, May 19, 2004 IP
  5. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    I think all Duvet Dave was discussing was the fact that these supposed clients will not put the money where their mouth is and sue because it is untrue. Their statements are simply false and they aren't who they say they are!

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  6. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn you conveyed that Alex Doyle tried to bribe you though, is this true or false?

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  7. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    Domw aren't you one of our supposed "ripped off clients". If so why aren't you commenting?

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    "If you want reports on our client base email me privately sign a confidentiality agreement and I will provide you with the rankings, on the understanding that all liable statements on digital point will be retracted."

Your best bet for damage control at this point would be not to cling to things that really have no relevancy, and instead address the issue that people have brought forth. Although at this point, I'm not sure how useful that would in all honesty.

- Shawn

9. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps. Although as DOMW said - sometimes its just not worth it. I know my SEO services are relatively inexpensive - such that if by chance one of my customers was real upset and wanted to sue me they likely would spend much more in the lawyer's fees than they'd get.

I dunno, I just get turned off anytime people bring up the legal system as a way of settling things.

Its probably about time for us to all put this thread to bed now...

ADA has made it clear that he feels the statements are fraudulent and he can provide prospective customers with evidence of his quality services. Great, if this is indeed the case you can prove yourself to anyone with any considerations. I don't think any more discussion will convince anyone of believing anything other than what they currently believe.

Some people have expressed displeasure, ADA has stood by his company - let's leave it at that.

Note to prospective ADA clients - please take this forum and any forum with a grain of salt. People has expressed displeasure. They may or may not be legitimate posts. If you are considering ADA your best bet is to contact the company and ask for their references and case studies, etc.

I personally don't really care anymore, so for everyone's sake I'm going to try and refrain from posting much more in hopes this thing will die.

10. DOMW

DOMW Guest

Best Answers:
    ADA - I had written a post expanding on my initial comments, but having seen your last posts, I am beginning to doubt that you actually work for this company.

We have given up on trying to recoup the money we paid, but if I was a potential customer and had read your posts on this thread, there is no way I would have signed up (regardless of the comments of others). Keep up the good work!

DOMW, May 19, 2004 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  11. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not trying to cling on things that hold no relevancy, you are avoiding the question and point at hand that people are trying to convey a false image regarding ourselves.

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm not sure how much clearer I could have made it for you (I even quoted your offer for you). But yes, I would consider an offer of something in exchange for removing posts a bribe.

- Shawn

13. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    Thankyou Eprichon you are a true gentleman. I wish you the best of luck in the future! :)

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  14. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I saw the quote and went back to read it but it looks as though you deleted it :-( You said something about how they should check their invoice number 1246 or something like that...

ADA - Seriously, as this thread continues it just looks worse and worse. I'd cut my losses now if I were you.

Seems as though DOMW thinks you might actually be yourself pretending to work for the company for the sole purpose of hurting the company's reputation. This speaks loudly - as it seems as though there's not much to gain by continuing to participate in this thread.

Best of luck to you and to all of us.

15. ADA

ADA Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel this is coming to a close and would just like to say one more thing. If Don W is a clientand would like to call us if he is unhappy with our services and feels we have not provided him with the services rendered, we will look at his situation and discuss this with him in hope to solving the situation and provide him with the quality of service we pride ourselves on. We have thousands of clients who are receiving good listings and if this is a customer of ourselves then we would like to remedy the situation.

ADA, May 19, 2004 IP
  16. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, you crack me up. You can't sue someone (and hope to win) because they post their opinion about your company.

For just about every company of any size out there, someone has set up a website or forum to bash them.

If someone had bad mouthed my company and it was untrue, I wold just ignore it. Internet posts don't pay my bills, my service to my clients does. If they bad mouthed my company and it was true, I would post a single explanation of what happened and drop it.

You lost all your credibility in this forum when you tried to fake being a customer posting here.

Want to prove your ability to this forum? Try getting your company name ranked one in Google. All you have to do outperform this forum. Should be easy for an experienced SEO company with thousands of clients.

GuyFromChicago, May 19, 2004 IP
  17. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should just chill out, you can't sue if its simply an opinion- that isn't how law works... You would need to prove he is wrong and then prove it was him that even typed it- which you couldn't.

You wouldn't have to defend yourself if you were a standup professional, I don't think. You don't see a 10 page post on any forums about how Digitalpoint's ISP software is garbage, now do you?

schlottke, May 19, 2004 IP
  18. Bootleg

Bootleg Peon

Best Answers:
    Libel - a written, printed, oral, or pictorial statement that damages by defaming a person's character or reputation.

Liable - legally obligated, responsible.

Like if you invite someone over to your home or business, and while sitting at your desk reading this thread they begin laughing so hard they fall out of the chair and bash their head, you may be liable for the medical bill.

I can't believe I'm still reading this thread.

Bootleg, May 19, 2004 IP
  19. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Its ridiculous - just like a first page guarantee - lets end it.

schlottke, May 19, 2004 IP
  20. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Neither can any of us - but at least we did - and thankyou everyone for the hours that I have missed and have just caught up on - good posts - good integrity - very good quality argument from this forum.

If I may say so humbly, this forum has arrived, technically and morally, congratulations Shawn and everybody who is part of this forum :)

Foxy, May 19, 2004 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.