1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First on keyword and no visitors

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by Zmay, Feb 28, 2009.

Recently I created new blog. Before buying the domain I made a keyword research and the keyword have 450.000 avg searches per month. I bought that domain and now I'm the first in google results on this keyword:

[​IMG]

The problem is that there is no visitors(not even one). The keyword tracker showed the 450k searches.

Any idea?

Zmay, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  2. Zmay

Zmay Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody can help me, please?

Zmay, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  3. mytor

mytor Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry but we can't help you if we don't know the keyword. Sounds little fishy if search volume is 450k, but you are able to rank nr 1 so fast with a blog. What is your common sense telling you, are people really looking that much for this keyword?

mytor, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  4. Chios

Chios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    searching for "keyword1 keyword2" in quotes ?
    or without quotes that might make a difference !!
    and are you consistently on the first place for the search ?
    or once in a while (results tend to change every hour in some niches)

Chios, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  5. blazinrachel

blazinrachel Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should Optimize your site more... even if you have 450.000 avg searches per month if you place your adsense at the bottom of your site then no one will click on it... and maybe creating more informative content can also help your website gain more traffic.

blazinrachel, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  6. syntax24

syntax24 Banned

Best Answers:
    How legit is that keyword tracker is my question regarding this? Is it a keyword you would think would get 450 searches every month???

syntax24, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  7. Zmay

Zmay Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok the site is www.sportinghunting.com

So if you type in the sporting hunting I'm first in results

The keyword tracker shows 450k avg searches per month and no visitors:confused:

Zmay, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  8. Steve_D

Steve_D Peon

Best Answers:
    It does not matter how many result are found for keywords, its if people are using them to type in the search engine, and 'sporting hunting' is not exactly a term, but 'sport hunting' would be, so try to optimise for that or do a bit of research for the best keywords to optimise for.

Steve_D, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  9. Zmay

Zmay Peon

Best Answers:
    But it says: This column shows the approximate average monthly number of search queries matching your keywords that were performed on Google and the search network over a recent 12-month period.

So as I understand this means that this is the number of search queries

Zmay, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  10. Chios

Chios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its very misleading actually that they report "sporting hunting" as having 450K per month
    but common sense would tell me that NOBODY searches for "sporting hunting" but rather for "sports hunting" and similar ....

never take the suggestions of the keyword tool literally

and its not the end of the world, just try to optimize for some other phrase now

Chios, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  11. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The numbers can only be used to reflect trends.

Take a look at your listing.

What is the Title and what is the description. Is there anything on either that is enticing or preventing people from clicking.

If there are in fact people looking for that keyword term and they see you listed #1 and they are not visiting your site one can conclude that your Title and Description are not appealing.

internetmarketingiq, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  12. PSD to HTML

PSD to HTML Guest

Best Answers:
    I totally agree on @chios statements regarding your keyword research and ranking positions.
    That's correct but i couldn;t agree with the keyword which shows 450K search volume doesn't pass handsome visits.

PSD to HTML, Mar 4, 2009 IP
  13. SergeMD

SergeMD Peon

Best Answers:
    I was also amazed by the numbers of searches for some keywords, that show to be very high, but I think that very few people search for one word keyword (well, that's a fact, 3-4 words are becoming more common now), so unless it's in quotes ("") I don't think you got the accurate result, as for the word combination you used: "sporting hunting" - do you think anyone else except for you searches for that?

SergeMD, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  14. flp

flp Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats why google keyword tool isnt the most accurate one. You must always look on the another tools available on internet and also uso your brain

flp, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  15. SEO-UK

SEO-UK Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the issue here is understanding how people actually perform searches.

If I want to go with my friends on a holiday, or out for the day, and I choose sporting hunting (sporting is an ODD word), then I'd also have a location in mind. I bet people will include a location, or an activity in mind.

Nobody wakes up and says "Hey, today I will go sporting and hunting". They say "I will play some sport today, then I will go hunting". Or "I want to go to the mountains to do some hunting"

You are number one in a keyphrase that isn't natural English... and people typing those two (one peculiar) words in will then see the results and realise they have to refine their search down further to what they really meant.

SEO-UK, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  16. Fluxos

Fluxos Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed thats a "broad" term. You should look at exact more...

However... 450k is quite shocking if it does not pass much traffic

Fluxos, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  17. Devilpish

Devilpish Peon

Best Answers:
    because its all a sham !

Devilpish, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  18. alelways

alelways Peon

Best Answers:
    If you think that the word could generate good amount of traffic, the believe in it cause you already bought it. Rather than asking why the word or phrase does not generate visitor or traffic is not the right thing to do now. You should just work out to improve both your onpage and offpage SEO..

alelways, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  19. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wordtracker shows sporting hunting getting only three searches a day. A very noncompetitive keyword. With those two words in your domain name, you are almost guaranteed #1 in the SERPS, but those are not keywords anyone is searching for.

Jim4767, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  20. Sudhir Goyal

Sudhir Goyal Peon

Best Answers:
    It is something strange !

I think we must use different key word trackers to find the no. of searches for particular keywords. Probably, then we will know the right search activity about some specific words.

Sudhir Goyal, Mar 8, 2009 IP