1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First data feed review - how long?

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by wordtamer, Apr 1, 2005.

I submitted my first data feed on 03/18, and it still says "Pending content approval" on April 1. File says I uploaded 6 products and 6 were processed. I've e-mailed them twice with no response; I'm sure they're busy. Is anyone experiencing this kind of delay? Should I resend the file? I've actually sold two of the items listed on the original feed. Thx.

wordtamer, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  2. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The bigger froogle gets the longer things take. I'm not completely suprised at how long a first feed is taking.

wrkalot, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  3. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info. I'll continue to be patient. <sigh>

r.

wordtamer, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  4. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    It's been 15 days since I uploaded my data feed. Still says pending approval. Should I resend it esp. since several of the items have now sold? I assume they're very busy right now, and I heard that Google is going through some changes as well. Any thoughts? thx!
    wt

wordtamer, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  5. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    First time feeds I've submitted have taken close to a month.

nullbit, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  6. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    This sucks, why do first time feeds take so long to get approved? It took me awhile to get the format right, now that I finally have, I have to wait a month to have my items listed?

How long do future updates take to get posted? Most of my listings are time sensitive, by the time they get listed they will probably be sold.. :(

Cartman, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  7. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    I received an e-mail yesterday that I had one error on my data feed from 03/18. I corrected it and uploaded again. Now, I get a message that my feed has expired. I'm waiting some more . . .

wordtamer, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  8. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    Quite long :D

ashiezai, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  9. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found that whether it's getting your site approved, your feed approved, or a response to a support question, the primary skill needed with froogle is waiting. Man, even the Army's "hurry up and wait" practices weren't as bad!

nfzgrld, Apr 14, 2005 IP
  10. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm trying not to whine too much; it's a free service after all. However, I do think their responses are ambiguous and this whole "Expired feed" has gotten me bummed. :-> Waiting some more . . .

wordtamer, Apr 14, 2005 IP
  11. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm so annoyed at this point.. Nearly 20 days and my content is still pending review. Meanwhile, I've sold all of the items I initially uploaded. :(

Cartman, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  12. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Man, I posted this message at 11:34am, and an hour later I get an e-mail from Froogle telling me they are denying my submission because the data doesn't match the website. (Because in that 20 day span, I actually SOLD the product!!)

Amazing, guess I'll try it again with a few other things and see what happens.. Talk about frustrating. :(

Cartman, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  13. chatgun

chatgun Peon

Best Answers:
    I have helped several merchants get listed on Froogle and it's never taken me more than 1 week to get the feed approved. If it's not approved in a week - re-submit and write to them. One of the things I do is - I submit a minimal number of products (less than 50) and get it approved before I post more.

If some of the items have been sold - re-submit.

chatgun, May 5, 2005 IP