1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First $500/day

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by web_dev, Jul 9, 2008.

1. developerz

developerz Peon

Best Answers:

I'd say you'd want to at least start with $1000, if you're serious about taking the plunge. You could get by with less to start with, but it's just going to take longer because you have less money to throw around to test things (which may actually be a good thing at the start).

Just have a plan of attack...

developerz, Jul 17, 2008 IP
    Seqqa likes this.
  2. dollargal

dollargal Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of what I thought I knew, and the fact I was not able to achieve success, and what you have accomplished, I know that you have gone a long way towards being able to teach others. Though you are still learning yourself, I think that you have made a great achievement. I'd really love to learn what you know and compare that to what I have done. There's an interactive site that has just launched and if you are interested in learning more about it, the thread I started about it is at this address:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=8549987&postcount=1

If this is something that you can benefit from as either a marketer or an affiliate then let me know. Then we all can learn to the bank together.

I have begun at Azoogle and thought I picked out can't-miss offers. I had 300 keywords and even had Google optimize it. I took all their suggestions. I registered 600 clicks on the Azoogle counter. And no revenue. The bill with AdWords came to 200 and you must know how disenchanted I became. I know there is much to learn. How many clicks are you registering to get a conversion on a typical basis?

dollargal, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  3. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you let automatic service to optimize your keywords?

speed100, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, if you treat this like a real business you stand a higher chance of surviving than if you just go at it with an attitude like, "lets play around the internet and make lots of money!" Trust me it just dosn't work like that, seriously if you think like that your not going to get anywhere and the only extra money your going see is if you ask your boss for extra time.

Make a business plan, make a marketing plan, do whatever you can to get yourself in the know! Create a plan of attack what I mean by this I mean for example "I'm going to do this, this and this by such a date and if I don't I'm going to punch myself in the arm!" if you don't have the money save it of go to your bank and ask for a small business loan if you don't want to risk the banks money it's because you don't believe in yourself, one of the most important things with starting a business, if you lack this stick with your day job it's a lot safer!

Seqqa, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  5. web_dev

web_dev Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with Seqqa. Treat this as if your life is dependent on it.

My real motivation to stick around with online marketing stuff (even when I was struggling) was the urgency to become financially stable so I don't have to make ends meet from my bi-weekly checks I get from my day job or to at least have 2nd income coming so I can save up something for my future.

There was time (not too long ago) when I was making just $100/mo. I always had the motivation to keep going and keep trying. The only difference now is that I'm doing things the right way or I've found that secret recipe that works for me.

So, if I can motivate anyone, I would say just keep going and keep trying. If something doesn't work, then move on to something else. I use to own a content site which I worked on for 8 months, had the traffic and everything but just didn't bring any money. After few months I realized I'm in the wrong niche, so I sold the site and moved away from it to other things.

web_dev, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  6. llank

llank Peon

Best Answers:
    You have been inspiring, keep up the good work. I would love try out PPC Marketing and your blog seems like a good place to start.

Thanks!

llank, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  7. bryanw

bryanw Peon

Best Answers:
    Great job!

I just started my affiliate marketing.

Would you mind sharing how many campaigns/niches to bring you $500?

Thanks!

bryanw, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  8. web_dev

web_dev Peon

Best Answers:
    It is very possible to bring $100 a day from just one offer and I'm not kidding. If you have 3 or 4 offers running...doing $500 a day is possible after sometime of scaling.

Once you are able to do $100 a day from your campaigns scaling that to more keywords and search engines overtime could yearn you few 100 more.

Remember the keyword here is *overtime*. Nothing is going to happen overnight.

web_dev, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  9. badrpg

badrpg Peon

Best Answers:
    hey web_dev can you share with us which website you use generates the most revenue?

badrpg, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  10. royalcalif

royalcalif Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Congrats! I'm also try to earn something form web. Still i have no any idea to earn money. Now i know what is affiliated marketing only. If u dont mind can u give me full details with any image guideline.

Thanks

Jack

royalcalif, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  11. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    Great JOB!!!! Whats Azoogle????? GOOD GOING though!!!!!! I only have done CJ. Done good so far!

jodyq, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  12. CarlBadger

CarlBadger Banned

Best Answers:
    I've really had a good amount of success with freebie programs using email and other methods, b ut i've never been able to really buckle down and be profitable with ppc.

CarlBadger, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  13. dollargal

dollargal Peon

Best Answers:
    Lack of experience, and after a day or two hoping I had everything in place to my advantage. I read articles where people claimed dramatic differences in their clickthrough rates after using the Optimization. I'd have been a fool not to have tried it once.

dollargal, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  14. ZieG

ZieG Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrat! nice work

ZieG, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  15. IncomeCoach

IncomeCoach Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, nice job! Next stop, $1,000 a day.

IncomeCoach, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  16. auburnfan23

auburnfan23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been reading some of your threads the last week or so, and also have enjoyed reading your blog
    entries, so I decided to start a campaign myself for some pages I was already promoting with free methods..

How long should I leave it up and running to give it a good test? I am starting with $10 a day is this enough?

auburnfan23, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  17. web_dev

web_dev Peon

Best Answers:
    $10 a day is not enough. i can tell you off the bat without knowing your ncihe. It's too low. Remember adwords also looks at your daily budget to determine how much traffic they are going to send. Try at least $25.

web_dev, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  18. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $10/day is enough...I started around that amount, it just takes longer to progress and get good results

How is $30/day for 10 days any better than $10/day for 30 days? They'll both give you similar results, but the latter just takes longer

GTAce, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  19. a_smith68

a_smith68 Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats man you are doing a great work...keep it up!

a_smith68, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  20. web_dev

web_dev Peon

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what I've been stressing on, that is, to get results quicker by using higher budgets. Daily budget effects traffic and intern conversions.

auburnfan23,

Basically, the higher the daily budget you set, the faster you can evaluate your clicks and ads. If your budget isn't high enough, adwords won't deliever your ads through out the day.
    http://adwords.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=22183

If you're ads are not delivered equally through out the day, how do you know when your clicks converts? Plus your ads might be delvered at times when you're not getting conversions and you will never know the potential of your campaign.

I just think $10 isn't enough especially when you're starting out a new campaign. I remember when I use to set daily budgets @ $10. I can't remember if I ever made any profit with that budget, let alone decent amount of conversions.

If you're not sure what daily budget to set, use recommended daily budget from your campaign settings.

Make sure to read this as well...
    http://adwords.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=37672

web_dev, Jul 30, 2008 IP