1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

First $1,000+ Day on Azoogle!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by scottmweaver, Oct 20, 2007.

1. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I've been a web developer since the age of 12, so I create landing pages from scratch. Usually I do plenty of research before I create a landing page to see what works and what I think won't work. As for what information should be included, it's tough to say, but overall, it's whatever sells and that is the question.

For some products, you do need mini-LP's to increase relevancy and decrease bounceback rates, but no method is universal. What works for one product might completely fail for another.

As long as you're using a landing page, you can track all of those things using either a server-side file or database. And yes, I code my own, but you can use something like Affiliate Radar to do your tracking for you (or so I've heard).

The PHP coding for tracking those types of variables is medium-level.

Again, no aspect of affiliate marketing is constant. Nearly everything changes from product to product, including how much you need to spend to see if something converts. I would say you should spend at least a few hundred to see if something converts, but if you're bidding higher, you need to spend a bit more. What it really comes down to are the statistics.

Quoted somewhere on Azoogle, I believe, it says "statistical significance is reached at 500,000 impressions" or something to that effect. What they're talking about is the ecpc but it's true for conversions as well and I usually give products around 1500-2000 clicks to see how well they convert. Even then, you still don't know. The scary thing is-- I have one product that converts really well on only one keyword and doesn't convert at all on any of the other keywords I have in there (thousands).

If I hadn't found that one keyword, I would have ditched the product altogether and moved on to try another. Now the product is giving me profitable sales. My point here is, one small variable in the equation can change everything; it can make or break you.

In general, I use Google's keyword tool as well as Yahoo's, or anywhere I can find keywords, basically. On top of that, I use "Good Keywords" (www.goodkeywords.com) to generate misspellings, broad, exact, phrase keywords to make sure I'm covering all bases.
    That's a tough question to answer as I'm not 100% sure how things operate on the management side. I do know that I have to ask for specific offers from my affiliate manager before he'll let me in on them or I have to be doing pretty well on a similar offer for him to suggest something to me. I think this is rare though, as my affiliate manager seems to be held in pretty high regard.

As far as the offers not getting saturated, I really doubt they limit traffic too much as Azoogle takes such a small cut of each sale, it wouldn't make sense for them to put too many limits on legitimate traffic.

No problem, I hope my answers were helpful. :)

scottmweaver, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  2. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    No prob. :)

Much appreciated. Thanks!

3. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Give this a shot-

http://www.azoogleads.com/az/tutorial.pdf

4. smile

smile Peon

Best Answers:
    do u still earn $1k/day at clickbank also?

smile, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  5. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    That's definitely part of it. :)

6. Nabeel C

Nabeel C Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow!! congratulation on your success. i hope you start focusing on other things in life, instead of just how to make money.

take care!

Nabeel C, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  7. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks ? :rolleyes:

scottmweaver, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  8. Hypothermic

Hypothermic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello scottmweaver.
    I have been looking into other PPC Search Engines.

1. Google AdWords
    2. Yahoo! Search Marketing
    3. MIVA
    4. Enhance
    5. GoClick
    6. MSN AdCenter
    7. 7Search
    8. Search123
    9. SearchFeed
    10. ABCSearch
    11. Kanoddle

Those are the ones I have collected so far.
    So you do PPC on some of these aswell?

Since I am just starting out with PPC to CPA, would you recommend MSN or a smaller network as their clicks are lower and I won't get bombed with traffic that I can.t analyze?

What kind of offers do you think I should offer.

Right now I am not to interested in making a profit, just getting information or breaking even or having an ROI of -10%. I am okay with that. I will be getting the payperclickformula since people say it's a pretty good product. From other people, it's around zips and e-mail offers, but I also over heard that Google Next Slap is on those offers. I know there is a world outside of Google; however, Google getting a rather large piece of internet traffic, I could not mind some.

I have about 400-600 to do some testing with. You said in another post that if you have 500 dollars to use go test about 10-20 offers, so I fit there. How would you chose those 10-20 offers?

I really don't have any coding skills, so I don't know where I am going to get tracking software and what not. What would you recommenced any other 3rd party code?

Could you also care to explain what a CPA landing page looks like? If you were doing a zip offer, wouldn't it just be better to click an ad and go right to the offer, then going to landing page, and from there going to the offer page where you can complete the offer? It seems like conversations rates would be done, but this would help with the Google Quality score? What have you done to get around the Google Quality score? I heard that it's good to frame the page on one of your aged domains or something or something that is good with Google. WOuld it be good if you built a huge site with a landing page for each offer and then have a sub dir of the offer page and have the offer in a frame on that page and have the site SEO'd? That seems like a wonderful idea. I hope that made sense.

Thanks for any information you may have!

Hypothermic, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  9. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, only the main ones so far. Google, Yahoo and MSN. If you have any experience with the other ones, I'd love to hear about it.

Well of course, it all depends on your budget. If you aren't willing to spend much at first, MSN is a great place to start.

If you don't mind going a bit into debt, you should try the first 5-10 offers you come across. Ideally, you could test all offers to see which ones convert and you'd be done with it. But I doubt that's possible without a good deal of money and on top of that, it's much harder to focus on.

Again, I would just choose as many as possible and test each one. There's really no other way of knowing short of having someone tell you.

Nah, just use this method-

http://www.afftoolbox.com/2007/11/17/how-to-put-tracking-code-on-your-landing-page

A CPA landing page could be a number of different ways. The most common type is just a regular web page filled with affiliate links.

If you click on an ad and go right to an offer, that's called a bounce link the search engines don't generally like those as they're essentially not following the single-url-per-keyword rule.

Also, SEOing your framed pages is a great idea if it's allowed. You should make sure with your affiliate manager that it's OK before you try doing that.

:)

scottmweaver, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  10. shrkscn

shrkscn Peon

Best Answers:
    How much were you spending on PPC? You must have hit a jackpot on keywords :)

shrkscn, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  11. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    When? I do use quite a lot of keywords.

scottmweaver, Nov 18, 2007 IP
  12. Trypp

Trypp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hit my first day a while back, but yesterday was my best at $1,625.20. Gotta love Azoogle :)

Trypp, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  13. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's pretty amazing. Great job man. :D

scottmweaver, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  14. bobbobson

bobbobson Peon

Best Answers:
    I really agree with this point. I think having someone else on board is great for sharing the financial/time burden of testing, but it's also great for motivation. I worked for a while by myself and whilst I found it to be both enjoyable and motivating, I also found it to be quite lonesome and alienating from other people. Since then I have paired up with a friend who is equally as motivated to make money online and work for himself, and the progress we have made in comparison is brilliant. We both report into each other so feel like we have another reason to work hard and at times of doubt or uncertainty can back each other up. Not to mention as you say, it costs a lot less to split test together (or costs just as much to double your efforts!).

Moral of this story? Wherever possible, work with someone else!

bobbobson, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  15. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Just make sure you can trust the person.

The information you're sharing is pretty valuable, wouldn't you say? :)

scottmweaver, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  16. abcd

abcd Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, congrats on hitting a $1K/day!

I was wondering when you first test a campaign how do you decide how much to bid on your keywords? Do you bid up to your commission payout? 50%? Do you bid the maximum bid that everybody else is bidding, just so you can find your converting keywords?

I always bid minimum bid on my campaigns, and find keywords that convert at that bid, and while I'm making a little here and there, I want to be able to make much more, and I want to try investing and losing money in a campaign initially just to see how this method works.

Do you think it's possible say if I pulled a random campaign from azoogle and tried to invest a couple hundred dollars into it, that the offer might not convert at all? That I'll just end up losing money? What about if I find an offer that has a high eCPC? The problem is if the offer is saturated with affiliates even with my testing I can end up completely losing, correct?

Thanks!

abcd, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  17. Aztral

Aztral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gratz!!!

That is really great!

Best wishes

Aztral, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  18. jeremy217

jeremy217 Peon

Best Answers:

When you say min-LP's do you mean like small websites with a navigation?

I need a little more info about how much to put on the landing page and etc.

jeremy217, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  19. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry I'm late:),but,congrats on your $1k/day and your new baby:)
    I remember when you was trying to make $30/day:D
    I'm on my way there,very close,but my laziness.....Maybe if i lived in another place than Miami i would make more.Anyway,i don't complain:)

speed100, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  20. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Trypp,how's everything?
    What happened to your signature"make $500/day like me"?:)I see that things are going pretty well for you like always:)
    Congrats and thank you for everything.

speed100, Nov 23, 2007 IP