1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Firm wants to rid Net of suffixes

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Alx, Nov 26, 2005.

Alx, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  2. Xmember

Xmember Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't this something similar to real names that you were able to use a while ago in IE. Aol started it all...i believe a concept similar but it was just inside the closed AOL world.

Xmember, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  3. Momo

Momo Peon

Best Answers:
    Heh, that's an idea that has always crossed people's minds, and people have often wondered if it was possible. Now it is possible, although that price makes it impossible for ordinary webmasters to avail of it. Well, changes are always good, although it will take some time for the public to get used to it too. And in my opinion, too many word-extensions can make it so confusing, not to mention, it takes away the special feeling of being able to grab a premium name in a popular extension, since everybody can make their own word-extension anyway.

Momo, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  4. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    whats .com mean anyways?

Dekker, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  5. sayyes

sayyes Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe it's short for "commercial." The first few extensions were fairly straightforward:

gov: government
    com: commercial (business)
    edu: education

I'm not claiming to know that much about this, and I think all of those extensions were part of the "original" list, but that's only because they've been around since I can remember.

sayyes, Dec 2, 2005 IP