1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Firefox Multi-Process - Works

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by billzo, Jun 20, 2017.

Are there any Firefox users left around here? The other day I configured my Firefox browser to use multiple (up to 4, one per CPU core recommended) processes instead of just one as it used to. The difference is phenomenal. On very javascript-heavy news websites I found that it outperforms Google Chrome. Where Firefox used to choke on the Javascript, now it chews right through it.

I will do some more testing with Youtube and Vimeo videos. It used to be that after several Youtube videos were opened Firefox would essentially become unresponsive.

Okay, I just tested Firefox. In Firefox I had the main page plus 4 news stories of a Javascript, advertisement heavy news website open plus 15 Youtube videos playing at the same time and Firefox performed just fine. No freezing or slowness switching between tabs.

billzo, Jun 20, 2017 IP
  2. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    I looked at the title and thought you were talking abut the film!

J

phplduser, Jun 22, 2017 IP