1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Firefox Is Turning Gay!!!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by BOOMBOOM, Apr 25, 2009.

1. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's queer as. No idea what the problem is, one day it just started doing it. I'll go through the addons 1 by 1 and see if that's the problem, one day... too much effort. I figured it was a bug in the latest update, but there's been a few more since and it's still broken, so that's not the problem.

rochow, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  2. blackcamaro

blackcamaro Peon

Best Answers:
    firefox is better than ie, but i am not yet a convert to chrome..

blackcamaro, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  3. CDZ

CDZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally like Firefox but did any body tried opera? I think opera is far much better than firefox

CDZ, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  4. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, I haven't once run into a problem viewing source in FF, that works pretty well, so yeah it's likely one of those nasty extensions : )

Pretty much the main cause of FF crashing (I keep saying crashing but I mean hanging, "The program is no longer responding: wait? or force quit?) is Flash and I block that so that's not usually too much of an issue nowadays. But again, I really only have two major pieces of bullshit on my FF: firebug (bullshit for me because it's there but I don't use it, and I'm just being lazy and not deleting it) and the remembering shit when it has more than one tab open and I quit. For that, I would just change the settings to clear the cache automatically on closing.

Opera and Chrome pull that shit too and it also slows them down as well. Everyone seems to love it though. I do find it useful when my (whatever, FF or Gnome) hangs and forces me to do a reboot-- I do like the convenience of getting back to whatever tabs I had open, especially if I was in the middle of working. On regular shutdown though, it's a waste.

I've also used it to get old pre-updates... I've updated an image and didn't save the old one, or old css or html code, whoops-- open up the non-IE opera where it still has the old image/css/html in cache, copy pasta. Again, me being lazy instead of always saving a copy of my previous whatever.

Stomme poes, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  5. xtremenitro911

xtremenitro911 Banned

Best Answers:
    True!

I have been having many problems with FF for about 4 months. I just updated to there newest update on a friends computer and it crashed it and I had to remove FF. I was prompted on mine today and denied it.

xtremenitro911, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  6. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, you must have been styling a form legend... or trying to position something inside a table or display: table element... or trying to use &shy in a table or display: table element... or one of those things that, when they're a problem for IE, you easily hack for it with * html or *+html... but if another certain browser has trouble with it, you're screwed.

See deathshadow's sig. Though I'm personally celebrating the 9-year-old legend one myself.

I've never had a crash on an FF update though. I've had one crash on a Safari update (4 beta).

Stomme poes, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  7. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Stomme, &shy works in FF now and has for a version or two. display:table has always worked perfectly in FF and has never worked in IE<8.

If you are having problems with "program is no longer displaying", that's because FF was closed improperly, such as a Windows crash. .mozilla/firefox/*default/ (on *nix but something similar in Windows) and remove a file called "lock". That will stop that problem. Make sure FF is closed when you do this.

drhowarddrfine, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell your friend to fix his computer and quit blaming FF for it. Like Stomme, I've never seen update crash anything on any of the 10 systems I maintain.

drhowarddrfine, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  9. brum35

brum35 Guest

Best Answers:
    Why does anybody even use Firefox?

brum35, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  10. aneel90

aneel90 Banned

Best Answers:
    FF has started to give me trouble as well, happily using chrome at the moment ;)

aneel90, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  11. enhu

enhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can try to off the auto update if you don't want those updates.
    if your using 2000, firefox 3.0.8 dont work well with windows 2000.

enhu, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  12. M-Scofield

M-Scofield Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is already 3.0.10

M-Scofield, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  13. websolutions_777

websolutions_777 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

Its a nice browser.

Thanks,
    WS

websolutions_777, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  14. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    &shy is still broken for those needing support (K-meleon users still have basically FF2) and it still didn't work for earlier version 3 FF's if it was in a table/display: table and no, you CANNOT position shit in tables or display: table-- another reason why I don't use it, not because IE doesn't support it (they get floats, which luckily, I have a nice and handy hack I can use to easily and confidently send code to them... I would LOVE something similar for Geckos).

I don't use Winblows except for IE, Chrome, Safari-4-Win and JAWS testing. FF stops in the middle of just working-- usually this seems tripped by certain pages, I'm not sure if they're trying to play Flash or trying to run some other scripts or, more likely, trying some goofy version of a redirect.

I can say I've never had something similar with Opera, but this could be because I still only use Opera for either running an application that needs scripts to load the first time, to watch videos, or for testing Opera-- so, it doesn't get used much.

Stomme poes, May 7, 2009 IP
  15. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope. I'll say again, both those work fine in FF though I don't recall which versin &shy started in.

I run Ubuntu on this laptop and have never had any issues with FF at all.

drhowarddrfine, May 7, 2009 IP
  16. enduserhelp

enduserhelp Peon

Best Answers:
    a ran ubuntu and xp and FF3 works great for me... and i use it a lot really...
    FF is the best browser due to the multiple addons you can add to it.... the rest of the browsers can't compete with this... they just release faster versions..

enduserhelp, May 7, 2009 IP
  17. solidstate

solidstate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love FF. am just waiting for FF4. I heard that its 450% faster than IE8. is it true?

solidstate, May 7, 2009 IP
  18. CLK3

CLK3 Banned

Best Answers:
    Firefox has been getting on my nerves a lot lately, its getting slow and cluttered with crap.

CLK3, May 7, 2009 IP
  19. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Since you are the only one that can put "crap" on it, don't complain. It didn't get there on its own.

drhowarddrfine, May 7, 2009 IP
  20. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    Fire Fox 2/K-meleon.

I grind my teeth most with these, though I don't really worry too much about FF2 or Kmeleon users (enough to use display: -moz-inline-box for display: inline), but really, I'm not asking for decade old bugs to be fixed. I'm asking for a * html to send code to Gecko only. That would ease our pain. Why we never bitch as loudly as we should about IE. It gets easy hax.

Stomme poes, May 8, 2009 IP